Chapter fifty-nine- The visit

Chapter fifty nine

I just stared at him in silence for a long time, waiting for him to explain what the hell he was talking about. Erwin was silent. “Erwin…” I started. He sighed and removed his hands from behind me walking to his desk and looking out the window into the snow-covered world. “I knew from the start my feelings wouldn't be returned.” He said quietly. I waited “I saw that I was close to you, but not in the way I wanted to be…” He trailed off the white light from outside bathing his face in alabaster coloring his dull blue eyes brighter with every fleck. “You’re like a brother to me.” I explained, remaining where I was standing. He looked over his shoulder at me. “Well, I don’t want to be your brother.” He turned around and used the desk to lean on. I looked at the floor, feeling bad for leading him on… had I done something to spark this sudden interest? “I liked you from the second we started talking, you where fiery and didn't take shit from anyone… I liked that in a woman.” He said threw a sip of his drink. I sighed inwardly. “Well… I'm sorry Erwin but you're like a brother to me. Nothing more.” He shrugged but I could see the pain in his eyes. “I understand, I just want you to be careful with Levi alright…? Just remember that no one is immortal and love cannot keep you alive.” I nodded slowly and opened the door to leave. “I'll protect you like a brother, if you won’t see me as otherwise.” He said as I shut the door. I wandered back down the hallway towards my bedroom. When I opened the door, Levi was on my bed curled up with one of the journals he had his body wrapped in the white duvet.

He looked up at me when I walked in but didn't move from where he was laying. “Well, what did he want?” he asked. I sighed quietly crawling over to him and cuddling up next to his warm body. “He… he told me he had feelings for me.” Levi stiffened next to me. “I always pictured him as a brother, and nothing more.” I explained and I felt him relax. He laughed  softly “Poor fool, you’re mine and no on else’s.” He said “I don’t play nice with others.” I rolled my eyes and curled up into a little ball in his arms as he read the book in fount of me. “Who taught you how to read?” I asked him. He flipped the page. “My nurse maid.” I tipped my head “Did you like her?” He shook his head as he continued to read the page of the worn yellow paged book. “No, she was rude and the only time she worked was when she taught me how to read… even then she didn't do a very good job.” He grumbled quietly. I blinked, cuddling up closer to his warm chest. I felt safe next to Levi, like I could never die… Almost like the titans that wandered outside our walls could never kill us. I closed my eyes and listened to his soft breathing next to me. “Do you think Erwin will make us go on an expedition in the snow?” He asked me. “I don't know… I hope not.” I felt him kiss my ear. “Well… I don’t think anyone can use their gear in this weather anyway.” I said. “New-years is just around the corner anyway, so I think a lot of people will be going home to see there families…” I sighed. “Maybe I should try and see my father…” I said quietly as he flipped threw another page of the old book. Levi said nothing for a long minute, he seemed to be completely enveloped in the book. I dropped the topic of my family, because of Levis hard past with his father I highly doubted he wanted anything to do with him. “What’s that book about?” I asked him. He looked down at me removing his eyes from the page. “It’s about the time before the Titans.” I gasped and reached out to grab the book away from him, he must have found it in my desk. He chuckled softly moving his arm so I couldn't reach it. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.” I frowned but obliged. I trusted him. “There is a whole section dedicated to these Wolves… they must have been amazing creatures.” He said quietly. “I'm surprised they didn't make it to the walls.” I recalled reading about them. “They live in temperate regions, with more mountains and snow.” I replayed. He nodded leaning his head on mine and continuing to read the page.

After a while of drowsiness I told myself to get out of the bed and see how the others were doing, because of the snow-storm the training had been put off until the weather got better. I left Levi to the book and went down the steps towards the sitting room as I reached the lowest hallway there was a knock at the door and I went to open it. I pulled open the metal surface and there stood an old man, his hair sleek and white he was dressed in a black tuxedo. At his side was a brief case and two bigger looking men behind him. He looked at me, his beady eyes flickered. “Salutations.” He said, I knew he meant business just by hearing those words. I waited “Can I help you?” I asked. He went to walk into the door but I put my body in the way. “Yeah, no. We don’t just let random men walk into our headquarters… I don’t know who you are Sir. So please, leave.” Suddenly one of the bigger men in the back grabbed my arm and yanked me outside into the snow. I skidded backward staying on my feet. “What the hell!” I demanded. I looked past them as they walked into the house. Erwin was standing there, he saluted them. I frowned and stormed past them “What is this?” I demanded from the blond commander. He didn't look at me. “Are you deaf!?” I yelled. The old man turned to me. “Shut up woman, know your place.” I felt rage poor threw me. “Excuse me?” I said walking up to him and keeping my head high. Without thinking I lashed a hand out going for his neck. I grabbed the man and pushed him to the wall holding him down that lasted all of two seconds before one of the burly men grabbed my head and yanked me into the air. He attempted to crush my skull. I kicked at him, while Erwin did nothing to help.

By then the noise had caught the attention of the group downstairs. Erd and Gunter launched into action the second they saw me being held like a drowned rat. Erd grabbed the mans shoulders while Gunter went for his legs. Erd pushed down while Gunter shoved up causing the man to lose balance and let go of me. While he was going down I swept my leg across his face flipping him over and he careened with the wall. I turned on the next guard, Oluo and Petra appeared. Petra grabbed his face and shoved down while Oluo got his arms and pulled them backward. With a snarl and a loud ‘crack’ sound the man hit the ground smashing part of the floor board. They stood behind me as I turned on the old man, he began to slow clap. “Very nice.” He laughed “I guess I'll have to get new body guards if they cant handle taking on some measly Survey Corp brats.” I went for him again but Erwin was there holding me back. “Please, Don’t.” He said. I felt the red-hot anger flowing through my eyes. “Let me go, Do you even know who he is!!?” I yelled. Erwins eyes where dull and emotionless. “Yes…. Sir.  Rivaille… Levi Ackermans blood father.”