Chapter forty-seven- A change of Soul

Chapter forty seven

I'd never been kissed before so I just stared at him, the feeling of his soft lips on mine was so nice… I felt my eyes fluttering shut. I snapped my head back suddenly pushing him off me “Levi!” I growled “What the hell?” he grinned at me. “I always knew you harbored feelings for me, I guess your manipulated easier then I thought.” He said his voice dark. I recoiled “What are you saying?” I demanded. He looked at me from under his hair “What I'm saying is.” He suddenly shoved me down on the bed pinning me in place. I struggled against his weight, he glared at me his steel gray eyes cold. “You let your heart slip much to easily corporal Alya.” He said continuing to hold me down as I looked away from him, not wanting to listen to his chilling words. “It was a test, and you fell much to easily for me.” He laughed manically into my ear. 

I glared at him “So you’re telling me, you’re a liar and a cheat.” I snarled at him. He grinned, his brow furrowed. “No, don’t get me wrong. I still like you, you remind me of a ripe strawberry… just waiting for someone to bite into you.” He said quietly. I got a shiver from his breath on my neck. Levi looked me dead in the eyes again, he smiled malevolently at me. I struggled against his grip again. “I don’t fall in love Alya, it’s not in my nature. Perhaps you do, but I don’t. Remember that.” He didn't remove his hands, I frowned. Waiting as he continued to glare into my eyes.

I frowned at him, I felt a throbbing pain in my chest. Was, I hurt? By this? Humph… no. I was a fool to think there was anything between us, his act today had shown me he was nothing more than a thuggish scum. He released me and I sat upward standing and fixing my blouse and jacket. So, we where back to square one. I went to the door of the room biting my lip as I placed one foot in the hallway and had one in the room, he sat on the bed looking out into the thunderstorm. “So, everything you told me… was a lie?” I asked “Ferlan and Isabel? Thunderstorms…?” I asked keeping my silver gaze forward.  I heard him shifting on the bed and standing up the click of his boots on the hardwood going towards the window echoed though the silent room. “No.” he said simply.

 I turned to look at him as the dark light washed over his face and painted it in gray. I frowned at him, my red hair moved as my head turned away from him again. “Remember your place Levi Ackerman. Remember who I am, and who you are.” I left the room with that, having the final word. I went to my room and removed the journal I'd written in before, I took a ink pen. I was  perfectly calm, but all of a sudden I threw the ink bottle over the journal and where I had written, it spilled in ebony streaking the journal page in black. I clenched my teeth closing my eyes, Damn Alya. This is why we don’t fall for anyone, you know? I snarled to myself.

I was hurt by what he said, I'd thought… after months of being together in the same household, eating the same meals, having a common enemy… I'd thought… I don’t know what I'd though. I left the puddle of ink alone in the journal sitting up and going to the wall beside my bed. I leaned my head on the cold stone and wood surface listening to the sounds of the stone palace creaking and moaning in the wind. I'd been stupid to think he could have feelings for me. I'd let my stupidity get the best of me, I should be in Sina with Qwill! But this fool blew it for me, he made me believe that he was something more. I slammed the journal shut, the ink was only partially dried so it splattered everywhere. “Shit.” I growled quietly leaving my room to get something to mop it up with. I wandered down the steps to find the cleaning supplies. I didn't understand why was so depressed all of the sudden, I'd thought I'd never fall for anyone.

Let alone a bratty trainee. I found the cleaning things and returned to my room, to my surprise the mess was gone and behind it left a little note. “We need to talk, meet me in the kitchen at twelve AM –L” I frowned, the last thing I wanted to do was talk to that ass. I set the neatly folded note down and crawled into my bed. The sun was setting by now, the day had zipped by. I closed my eyes, what seemed like for a few seconds before I opened them to a shaking of my shoulder. I looked over to see Levi, it was only his dark shadow but I could tell it was him by his glowing steel eyes and hair-cut. “Damn, Alya. Can you not read?” he growled. I said nothing “You’re a fake, I don’t socialize with fakes.” I spat. I felt him sit on the ground

“Ok, yeah. What I said was one hundred percent true.” He said quietly “but  I was thinking, maybe… just maybe… I could let someone in, I mean. You where almost there, but I had to go and ruin it.” He said. I sat up in surprise, an actual apology out of him? I could only see part of his face, it was illuminated by the bright moon from outside my window. “I don’t understand what love is Alya, that’s why I'm acting so weird. I'm just confused, I dont know what to do with myself...” I heard him get up and move go towards the door. “So, I'm sorry for that. I don’t want you to get hurt.” I felt my arm lash out and grab him, tugging him back before he could leave. I yanked him onto my bed, he yelped in surprise as his face hit the pillow. “Fine, stay here then.” I said turning away from him and giving him some of my blankets.

I heard Levi shift in surprise “Why?” he asked, I looked at him over my shoulder. “Because, it’s a test.” I mocked his earlier tone. I heard him chuckle very softly “Perhaps…” He moved again and I felt him drape his arms over me. “I'm right about you being stupid.” He said into my ear. I smiled inwardly at his statement, the old me would have straight up slapped him… but the new me. Had a change of heart, a change of mind.

A change of soul.