Chapter sixty-five- Happily ever after...?

Chapter sixty-five

845 May 12th

Sure enough, I was a mother. According to doctor Yeager, I was very much pregnant. Levi almost fainted when we were told. We were on the way home at the moment and Levi couldn't stop smiling. “I can’t believe I'm going to be a father…” He muttered threw a wild grin. I laughed softly as we re-entered the house. “If it’s a boy, his names Aaru. Just like we agreed.” I said to him. He nodded looking over at me. “Go sit.” I shook my head smacking the side of his arm. “Just cause I'm carrying a child doesn't mean I'm not going to be useless.” I sputtered. He sighed but didn’t ague with me, we'd been married for a month now. He'd learned I was stubborn beyond all ends. I made us some food and we ate at the dinner table by candle light. Levi was still trying to contain his smile. Then we went off to bed, I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of the night. I had worries about this… what if I was like my mother in the fact that I would die when I gave birth. I really hoped not, I didn't want to leave Levi with a child to raise… but he would be a better father then my father had been.

I drifted off into a dreamless wonderland. I awoke in the sunshine, it steamed threw the window. The day was unusual calm. Spring blossoms swirled down from the sky and the trees falling to the ground in filly’s of pink and yellow. I stood up and went to the window looking out into the town while Levi slumbered. I left the room quietly left Levi to sleep in while I made breakfast for us. I finished up when he stumbled down the steps yawning. “Hun…” He began. I gave him a smile “Shh, I know what your going to say but its not going to work. I want to make you something to eat before you go off to work.” He sighed and kissed my cheek eating quickly and racing out the door. I watched him walk down the cobble stone road towards the blacksmith out of the window then I went and cleaned up the kitchen. Just like every other day, this was my morning.

I went up the steps towards one of the storage rooms where our Maneuver gear had laid untouched for the last four months. I ran my hand along its dusty surface removing the dirt from its top. Our uniforms hung beside them.  I ran my hand along the chestnut fabric pulling at the patch above the heart of the beautiful wings. Perhaps when our child was old enough we would return to the military… no. If I was to have this child, I would leave the Survey Corps for good. I would stay here and be a hands on mother to my child. I sighed quietly and left the room clicking the door for what I thought was the final time. I went down the steps towards the living room and sat down in one of the plush red chairs. I made myself some coffee and was drinking it when a sudden tremor hit the earth. It caused me to fall to the floor and drop my coffee.  I caught myself with my hands before my stomach could hit the ground. I ran outside to see smoke rising above the wall. “What on earth…” I muttered when the bells began to ring. One… Two…. Three…

No… It wasn't possible.

The titans had breached the wall.

AN

-

Short ass chapter. >8I.....