Epilogue

Epilogue

[Alya POV, this a POV of her after she died. Not told in story]

I awoke in a black tunnel, looking down a long corridor towards a shaft of white light. I blinked and rubbed my eyes looking around me and wanting to see Levi at my side… but no. I'd left him in the living world. As I put my hands down to push myself up I felt a little hand and I recoiled in surprise, at my side was a little boy he was sitting with his legs stretched out. The child was playing with a lock of black grass that littered the bottom of the tunnel. The little boy had curly red hair and large steel eyes. “Mommy! Your awake!” He said jumping into my arms. I felt tears wander down the side of my cheeks…. I forgotten when I'd shoved myself in the way of the beast that It wasn't just my life I was giving, it was two. I stood up with the child in my arms and stared into the blinding white light for a long time. It was a one way road, and the only option I had was the glowing light ahead of me. I began to walk towards it, slowly at first but eventually my pace picked up and I stepped through the tunnel.

On the other side stood a redhaired woman with blue eyes. She had massive white wings at her back. She walked towards me, almost floating on the ground. “I'm sorry  I couldn't protect you, that’s a guardian angels job… but it was your time my little Alya.” She said putting her hands on my cheek. I knew her… I smiled and felt the little child cling to my chest. “Mom…?” I whispered. She nodded and smiled at me wrapping her wings around all of us. “And this must be little Aaru…” She said touching the childs hand with her finger. He grabbed it and smiled at her. The little child clung to me, refusing to speak to her. Mother took my hand in hers and lead me towards the edge of the clouds. “Come, we will get you your wings.” This place was beautiful, and calm. Trees grew out of the clouds and all of them where ripe with fruit. I followed her towards the edge of the clouds and suddenly she jumped off it and looked down. I couldn't see what she was looking at so I teasingly jumped from the edge and the second I did brilliant white wings flowed from my back. I clutched the little boy to my chest, fearing that If I dropped him he would fall. “You are the guardian of Levi, both of you are… and you can choose which door you would like to open that leads to your eternity of resting.” She said I went to the middle door and opened it.

We were back on the ground, standing in the headquarters. I blinked in surprise and looked back the way I'd came but there was nothing. I ran towards the door to open it, but I just soared threw it. Aaru had gotten a pair of wings himself. We both fluttered upwards to where I thought Levi was. He was beside Petra and the others reading my journal. I noticed that his eyes where dilated with a very dead look in them. Aaru jumped over to his father, the little boy tried to get his attention as I walked into the middle of the room listening to their conversation as they stared right threw me. I sighed quietly and closed my eyes. This was my fate, to watch over Levi until he joined us. Aaru tugged at my pants. “Why wont daddy listen to me…?” He asked. I picked up the little boy and stroked his soft crimson hair. “He cant hear or see us, but he'll join us one day… then you two can run threw the fields and play.” Aaru smiled his chubby little child smile at me. “Ok, can daddy come now…?” he asked. I shook my head. “We'll have to wait for that day, but some day…

“he'll join us and get his real wings.” 

AN

-

I made art.