5

It is funny how a good night can turn sour really quick.

We watched all the movies they rented and at the end of the night, we were all full of food, relaxed and sleepy. It was truly a good night. For us.

The next morning I received a call from Natalie, Lydia's mother, asking if I could visit her since something happened yesterday night and Lydia could really use company at the moment.

"Did you hear about the break out in the rental store?" Dad asked as he put juice in a glass.

"What?" 

"Apparently, something broke in and an employee was killed,"

"Jesus!" Mom shook her head, "What was it?"

"They are betting on a cougar," dad said, turning the newspaper to her. "I'm just glad we went there before everything happened" he sighed.

"Hey, uh, I'm going to Lydia's if that's alright? Natalie called, something happened with Lydia and she needs me"

"It's okay," dad said. "We'll be sleeping in. I'm dead- oh, bad timing"

Mom rolled her eyes shaking her head in disapproval. "How long will you be gone?"

"Uh, I don't know. I think I'll be back before lunch"

She nodded before asking me to drive safely. 

.

"Oh, you're here!" Natalie sighed in relief before she welcomed me in.

"What happened? You seemed worried on the phone"

"Lydia and Jackson were on the rental store yesterday night"

"Oh," my eyes widened slightly. "Damn, did she see anything?"

"She is really frightened and doesn't say anything we can comprehend. Jackson was the one that was inside the store when everything happened"

"Damn," I bit my lip. "Is she in her room?"

"Yeah," she said as we started walking upstairs. "I gave her some remedies so she could sleep in peace so she is probably a bit out of it"

"It's okay," I said as we arrived at Lydia's bedroom door.

"I just don't want her alone. I've never seen her so frightened before"

I turned to look at Natalie, the worry on her face was evident and it made me feel bad. "It's alright Nat," I smiled weakly. "I'll try to take her mind out of it"

"Thank you," she nodded. "If you need anything, I'll be downstairs"

I just nodded before entering the room. It was really quiet in there and I assumed Lydia was sleeping as I watched her laying on her bed still.