12

Suddenly the song got slower and deeper making us halt our moves. I chuckled breathlessly looking around as everyone paired up to dance. I looked back at Stiles but he was already looking at me, making me feel slightly awkward.

"Uh... let's dance?" I shrugged softly. He nodded and we slowly got closer to each other.

I rested my arms on his shoulders, linking my hands together while he put his hands on my waist, guiding me to the left and then right. Left, right, left, right... and so we went.

"Where is your date?" Stiles suddenly asked after a moment of silence. I leaned my head back so I could see his face as I spoke to him.

"I came with Dany, but his date suddenly appeared, so... yeah," I shrugged, "I don't have one"

He frowned slightly, "Didn't anyone asked you?"

"A few," I said, our voices were quiet to not disturb the others around us and the peaceful aura surrounding us. 

"But..."

"But," I sighed. "I didn't really know any of them and the ones I knew were complete jerks. I was better alone," I gave him a small smile.

"Sometimes the ones that you don't know could be the one"

"Perhaps," I nodded, "But then I wouldn't be dancing with you right now," I teased.

"Then... I'm really glad you don't have a date," he said making me laugh. He smiled at me as we continued to sway to another slow song.

"Don't you want to dance with Lydia for a bit? I mean... she is your date, and don't you have a crush on her?"

Stiles shook his head, "I don't have a crush on her"

"And you came here with her because...?" I asked confused.

"Look at me," he scoffed slightly. "Who would ask a 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bones to the dance?" 

I stared at him "I would," I said softly. 

Would I? I don't know where it came from but it just felt right to say so and by the look on his face, the feeling was right.

"Emily, I-" 

My attention was caught by Lydia's retreating figure. Why was she leaving the party?

"Sorry," I turned to look at Stiles. "I just," I glanced back at the doors.

"What?" he asked turning to look as well.

"I just saw Lydia leaving. I need to go after her," I looked at him apologetically, knowing I interrupted whatever he was going to say.

"No, it's okay. C'mon," he led the way through the crowd and we walked outside. I looked around until I saw her turning the corridor.

I turned to Stiles, he saw her as well "I'm going after her, okay? I need to see if everything is alright"