6

"And he was like'I realize that I've been a jerk to you and Scott,' and 'do you know what if feels like when someone suddenly appears and take your place as the best player? It feels like something was stolen from you' and 'I'm not a bad guy, I make stupid mistakes, but I'm not bad' and finally 'I want to know you and Scott better', things like that, it actually scared me at first but then it got me thinking. Is he being honest?" Allison finished, taking a long breath after, a look of complete confusion on her face.

I stared at her speechless. I was eating my lunch alone, in the library in peace, which I was loving since my head was killing me, but then Allison barged in talking about what happened to her earlier on the corridor with Jackson.

I mean, I am surprised actually. Jackson wasn't one to open up to someone he barely knows, hell he barely opens up to anyone he knows for a long time term. So he coming up to Allison and talking to her like that is surprising, but I really didn't want to get involved in drama right now.
"And you are asking me this why?", I asked dragging the last word.

"Because Lydia would certainly act strange about it and you know him for a long time"

"Barely"

"Please, I hoped you could tell me if he was being sincere about this," she bit her lip and I sighed, dropping my delicious piece of carrot.

"I mean, I think he is. He never talked like this to anyone besides me and Danny I think, Lydia never said anything at least," I said thoughtfully. "Allison, you have to understand that Jackson hadn't an easy life like everyone thinks. He is telling the truth when he said he wasn't a bad guy."

"What do you mean by that?" She curiously asked, unconsciously leaning closer.

I looked at my food sighing once again before looking back at her, "I don't think it's my place to tell about something so personal that he barely talks about. But trust me about this, he is not a bad guy and if he actually told you everything you just told me, he means it."

She nodded biting her bottom lip softly, "So, I'm not going to regret being friends with him"

"Sometimes," I replied sincerely with an amused smile, "He will do some jerk moves and you will want to punch him or think what the hell was on your head when you befriend with him."

"Does it happens to you?"

"All the time," I chuckled. "But at the end of the day, I remember what he really is like and all the times he defended me and comforted me when I needed. So, for me, it is worth it," I finished putting a piece of melon in my mouth.

She starred at me amused before shaking it off and smiling, "Thank you Em"
"No problem, Alli bear," I smiled smugly at her just as Lydia arrived at the table

...

When I entered in Economics' class I walked to the only available chair, which was by Scott's right. I smiled at Allison who was in the chair behind Scott and Stiles who was behind me.