28

"Okay, maybe we can try meditation"

I looked at him strangely.

"Wendy Wu remembered her Chinese History meditating,"

"Stiles, seriously? Are you really comparing me to a fictional character?"

He fumbled his hands around, "Well, it's not like we can compare to anything from real life"

I shrugged, he was actually right. Sighing, I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright," I got up from my bed. "How do I do it?"

He opened his mouth, closing right after. "I- I guess you have to sit down and close your eyes," I followed his instructions,  sitting back on my bed before closing my eyes. "Cross-legs like in the movies," I couldn't help but snort at his command, complying nonetheless. "Okay, now. Empty your mind and... I guess you just have to think about your other side"

My brows furrowed, "How can I empty my mind and think about something at the same time?"

The silence that followed made my lips quirk up involuntarily and I opened my right eyes so I could see his reaction. The sight in front of me broke me down, laughing scaping my lips when I saw the incredulous expression he showed, his head leaning forward as he stood motionless staring at me.

"Wha-" he shook his head. "Y-You know what I meant"

I arched a brow, "Do I?"

His eyes narrowed slightly, his mouth opening and closing as he tried to come up with an answer while I watched in amusement. Finally, he huffed, "Just- close your eyes"

I chuckled, closing my eyes and not saying anything else to tease him. My mind was already at more ease with this moment. I breathed out, now trying to focus on the task ahead. 

I continued breathing slowly, my mind drifting away from all my problems and I felt my body lightening. "What do I do now?" I asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the peace surrounding me.

A few seconds later, I felt a body in front of me and my breath hitched just slightly. I felt his breathing on my arms, that rested on my knees. 

"Think about your her," he replied in the same tone as me. "Artemis"

"I don't know her face,"

I then felt a hand on top of mine, "You don't have to"

I nodded swiftly before concentrating on anything I could gather about Artemis. I tried and tried but then all my mind could think off was the hand on top of mine. Why did it felt so warm and comfortable all of the sudden? I've never felt it before. Then again... I don't think we had held hands before. It felt... right.