44

"Scott?"

"Hey, everything okay?"

"Is it finished?"

Scott look back at Derek and Emily, "Yeah, it's finished"

"Are they okay?" Scott asked as they walked to Derek's car. Upon not having an answer, Scott stopped walking. "Stiles?"

"Uh... W-We, we were too late"  

.

Allison sitting on the ground with her arms wrapped around her legs, Stiles sitting a couple steps beside her with a defeated look on his face while Isaac stood behind them, not knowing what to say. 

That was what the trio saw when they arrived. Scott broke down once he saw his friends. He and Stiles hugged while everyone stood in silence.

Emily stepped from behind Derek into view with Apollo limping by her side.

"Emily," Allison whispered, happy for at least one thing went right. She ran to her best friend and hugged her with all she had. "Thank god you're okay," she said taking a step back to look at her friend, her shoulders slumping when she saw the silver eyes, "Oh"

"We're okay," she said quietly with a nod. Allison weakly smiled back, her eyes once again filled with tears.

Isaac hugged Emily, ignoring her eyes, but Stiles pushed him back quickly, asking if she was okay, to which she responded with a yes before caressing his cheek. 

"Are you okay?" she asked, a serious expression on her face as she stared at her Orion. Stiles's frowned softly, shaking his head as his eyes watered once again.

She glanced at the rest before looking back at him, "What happened? Did someone hurt you?" she asked with narrow eyes.

Isaac looked at his friends, deciding to answer himself for their sake. "Uh... We... We were too late to... save them."

Emily furrowed her brows, "What?" her thumb moved in circles on Stiles's cheek.

"Jennifer killed them," Allison said just above a whisper, trying to contain her emotions.

"She didn't," Emily shook her head.

"She did," Isaac said with a sigh.

"No," Emily said firmly, "They aren't dead"

"We came here, they were supposed to be here!" Allison pointed to the nearly destroyed cellar. "And they weren't," she cried.

Emily looked at her crying friend and then at Isaac and Stiles, the realization now coming and she understood what happened. "They aren't dead," she said once again and before anyone could say anything, she continued, "They aren't. They are at the hospital, with Emily's mother. I took them there,"

"Wha-" Stiles's words cut up on his throat.

"Yeah. Uh, c'mon, they should be waiting for us"  

.

"Dad! Dad!" "Dad!" "Mom!"

The Sheriff, Noah, Melissa, and Chris got up as they heard their children calling them. "Is it them?"

"Dad!" Stiles was the first to see them and the first one to run and throw himself on his dad, relief washing over him as he hugged his father, who was alive, after thinking he was dead. He couldn't control his emotion as a tear slid on his cheek.

"Hey son," he sighed in relief.

"I-I thought you were..." Noah's heart broke seeing his son so distressed. He clapped his hands on both shoulders of Stiles and smiled.