15

"Emily," my mom sighed through the phone. "When are you coming back"

"I don't know," I shrugged even though she can't see, "I'll be studying"

"Uh-hm. What do you do all day?"

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"While your father and I are working, what do you do when you come back home?"

"W-Well," I grabbed my keys, "Not much, I guess"

"Do you remember when you said you'd try and get a job at the animal clinic? What happened to that?"

I rolled my eyes, shutting the lights off as I passed through the living room. "It's not like I didn't try. He said there wasn't any place for me to work, but he would call once something was vacant" I explained, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I locked the front door.

Mom sighed, "Okay then... Well, I have to go. But please don't come home late"

"Not like you'd know," I mumbled, but quickly added. "Will do, bye mom"

"Bye sw-" I ended the call before she could finish. 

It was a bit awkward now that I knew she was hiding something, but- I sighed. Whatever. 

I entered my car and drove to Allison's.

...

"Ugh, I need a boyfriend," I complained after hearing Allison ramble on and on about her and Scott's relationship, "You guys are just too cute for my own good," I added making Allison laugh.

Even though I was still feeling kind of unease when Scott was close, after the whole thing in Coach's office, I learned to accept that they are back together and they are happy. He actually said he was sorry now explaining it was because of the full moon, which I kind of understood.

"Well, Scott said Stiles has this crush on you..." Allison said casually, making my brows raise.

"Stiles?"

Allison nodded, "Yeah, I mean, you could give him a chance. He's actually really nice"

"He's strange," Lydia making.

"I don't mind strange," I shrugged. "But I'm okay with being single," 

Lydia smirked, "More boys now,"

I rolled my eyes, "You know I don't go that way"

"Yeah, only because you had a jerk of a boyfriend," she waved her hand. "What happened to that guy you were fooling around with, anyway?"

"Never talked to him again," I shrugged. "And my choice has nothing to do with him"

Allison furrowed her brows, "Who is him?"

"Uh, I dated this guy- Cody a few years ago an-"

"Long short story," Lydia interrupted me, "He cheated on her"

Allison's mouth opened in shock and she looked at me as I gave her a "Yeah..." look.

"Emil-"

"Hey, uh, Allison," we turned to see Allison's father on the door. Allison went there and I turned to look at Lydia.

"You shouldn't have said it like this,"

"Well, it's not like it is a secret," Lydia said. I sighed, turning back to the magazine in my hands.

...