4

It was Saturday and I entered the kitchen, my mood instantly lifting when I caught sight of both my parents in there. Mom was sitting with a cup of coffee between her hands while dad stood by the stove, filling three plates with food.

Mom was the first to acknowledge my presence, smiling once she did "Oh, you're finally awake," 

"Morning," I said taking a seat next to her.

"Morning," dad said, putting a plate in front of me and another in front of mum. "Made your favorite"

I looked at the plate. Indeed he has done my favorite, banana spice pancakes. It has been my favorite since I was twelve, I think. He did it for me once and I fell in love with the taste.

I looked up at him with a smile, "Thanks!" I said and quickly dig in. Dad soon puts a cup of vitamin shake that I didn't know what was in, but I knew it was something healthy. He always tried to make us be as healthy as possible. At least it wasn't that bad.

I was just happy they were spending the day with me, so whatever was just fine.

...

So turned out it wasn't the day they were spending with me, but rather the evening. They had to go to the hospital for a quick check-in. Mom had a patient in emergency and dad had to do rounds before he was free to leave.

They would be back before dinner, so I decided to go to Lydia's since I really didn't feel like being alone in a Saturday.

"Do you like it?" Lydia asked walking back into her room dressed in a high waisted navy-blue skirt with a sleeved white shirt with a cute saying on it.

"It's beautiful," I said and smiled at her as she stared at herself in the mirror. "What's the occasion?"

She shrugged turning to look at me, "Jackson and I are having a date night"

I nodded as I got up from the chair before jumping on her bed. "Well, he'll find you beautiful as always"

Lydia smiled at me before she took her phone from her nightstand and posing in front of the full-length mirror, taking a couple of pictures.

"What about you? What are you doing tonight?"

"Family night"

She turned to look at me at that. It was a known fact to her how these nights were rare in my house, so it wasn't startling to see her brows raised in surprise. Lydia nodded before sat down as well on her bed.

"You know, Erick from Lacrosse was asking about you the other day"

"Isn't he having a thing with Lola?"

"He said he broke it off with her," she shrugged before a smirk took its place on her lips, "He wanted to know if you were seeing anyone," my face contorted at the information. "And, as the best friend, I am I said he didn't really meet your standards"

"Lydia!" I chuckled shaking my head at her nonchalant manner.

"Well, it's true, isn't it?"

"Probably," I shrugged. "I mean, he goes for anyone with a vagina"

"True" she pursed her lips. "He probably has at least three STD's in his curriculum," she added making me snort and before I knew it we started laughing.

"But seriously," I said once I calmed down. "I don't think anyone in our school is really worth something. At least not the straight guys in Lacrosse"

"Well, Allison found something worth in Scott, so there probably is something there. You probably just didn't see it"

"Yeah," I agreed, thinking about the players in our school's team.

Basically, most of the first line is composed by self-centered jocks who really don't care about anything else besides being on the team and being popular. Take Jackson as an example. He takes more time to look good than to do something good as a human. He basically trains, takes care of his physic and being the 'bad boy' persona most girls fawn over. Grades are mostly so he can continue on the team. He isn't really a bad guy, he just acts like one, which makes him an idiot.

So yeah, I really don't have much hope of finding someone on the team for myself. The last one was bad enough at it is.

Shaking my head slightly, I turned to look at the clock on the nightstand. It was reading 18:28.

"Shit!" I sit up quickly. "I should've gone home 17:30," I said upon Lydia questioning my hurry. I put on my flats back on before picking my things around the room.

"I'll see you in school?" She asked from her bed and I nodded. "Okay, see ya!"

"Have fun with Jackson tonight," I paused, turning to look at her, "Use protection for the love of God"

She only smirking, waving her hand, "Have fun with your parents"

...

When I arrived home, my parents were already there cuddling in the living room as they watched tv.

"Hey, sorry for the hour. I was at Lydia's"

Mom nodded, "Thanks okay," she said mentioning for me to come closer. "Your dad and I picked a couple of movies on our way and we bought candies as well"

"Ohhh," I smiled sitting in between them when mom scooted away a little.

"I'll make some popcorn, you ladies pick the movie," dad said, planting a kiss on my forehead before he walked to the kitchen.

"Okay, let's see our options," I said grabbing the pile of DVDs they chose. Humming I looked through them and finally sat on Grown Ups.

"Oh, comedy" mom nodded in approval as she took the DVD from my hands so she could put it to play.

It was the first movie from a pile of six, so we had a really long night ahead of us. One I was really glad to have.