34

"Sooooo what's up for today?"

"Same. I think you're finally getting the hang of this," Cody said glancing at me before looking back at the road.

"Getting the hang of this? I passed out the last time"

"And that's because it was the first time. We'll do this again and you'll get better at holding on," he said and I nodded, looking through the window to the blur of images as the car passed fast.

The silence was bearable but something came to my mind. "Cody," he hummed giving me the go to ask, "Why are you... Why are you helping me? I mean, I get you know what I am, but then what? Why are you doing this?" I looked at him, noticing his back straighten as he cleared his throat.

"Why this now? Em, you know I care for you. I don't want you to get hurt, nor do I want you to hurt anybody," he said as he parked his car in the abandoned parking lot. "I'm doing this for you," he said looking at me, his eyes borrowing in mine as the silence took on. He... cares about me? We didn't see each other for years, how can he have this feeling?

I notice his face getting closer to mine and my breath hitched. "W-What are you doing?" I asked before gulping.

"I- " "I can't..." We said at the same time.
"Right, him," Cody said with a humorless laugh "Sorry, let's train"

And then he was off the car, already walking to the abandoned building. "What the hell just happened? Him?" I breathed shaking my head as I got out of the car, following Cody's steps.

Here is where we train. An old abandoned bank. Cody says it is the best place since no one will enter and see what we're doing, and I didn't question it. I wasn't the one wanting to someone get a glimpse of my supernatural mojo. I don't want to be judged.

x.X.x

I drank the same liquid from last time we trained and it didn't last long till it kicked in. I felt my eyes changing as the power flow through me. I smirk at an already smirking Cody.

"C'mon ancient goddess. Show me what you got," he montions me to hit him and I didn't waste time before throwing the first punch, followed by a kick. The fight went back and forth before Cody asked for a break.

"For a person who's been asleep for hundreds of years, you sure know how to throw a punch," he said as he relocated his arm to the right place.

"I know how to do a lot of things," I said as I walked through the room we were training, "Now tell me, I want to know about Orion"

"I already told you what you need to know"

"You told me he was in Beacon Hills. Now, this city is quite big. I want to know exactly where I can find him"

"Now, here's the problem. I can't tell you this just yet," and with that, my bow was mirroring to his face, "Hey, let's not get moody, shall we?"

"You take me for a fool, wolf?" I asked walking closer to him, "I'm older than this world, don't try to fool me"

"I'm not, " he said holding his arms up in surrender, "But I'm ordered to not tell you yet, we need you at our side"

"Why?"

"You're the guardian of wolves, with you, we can and will win"

"What are you talk-" But my question was cut by a loud roar.

"What was this?" I ask as my eyes narrowing to Cody.

"I-I don't- Emi- Artemis don't go in there!" he shouted but I ignored as I made my way to where the sound came. "Don't go in there!" He grabbed my arm pulling me back just before my right arm swung and my fist came in contact with his face making him stumble back before I kicked him in the chest making him fly and hit the wall falling unconscious.

"Don't ever try to stop me again," I growled before turning and jogging to where I had heard the sound.