20

"This is the host dress," Lydia said lying a strip nude dress on her bed, "This is the evening dress," she lied a blue strapless dress next to the nude one before taking a fluid nude dress from her shopping bags, "And this is, mm-"

"After-hours casual," we said at the same time. Lydia smiled at me as I walked closer to the bed.

"They are gorgeous,"

"So, what are you going to wear?" she asked while looking through her wardrobe.

"Mm, I actually don't know yet"

"Maybe you should try something... sexy. It's been a while since I saw your sex appeal side," she smirked.

My brows raised at her comment, "My 'sex appeal side'?" I asked amused.

"Uh, yeah," Lydia said in a 'duh' tone, "I haven't seen it since Cody," she said and I pursed my lips before walking to her desk, "Speaking of, you never heard of him again?"

"Nope. He evaporated in Paris"

"Too bad," I glanced at her from my shoulder, "For him," her eyebrows raised, "He just lost all of this," she gestured excessively to me and I laugh before throwing herself on the bed.

Lydia soon did the same, landing right next to me, "Yeah, right," I rolled my eyes still chuckling.

"It's true," she said and then turned her head to look at me, "You're amazing and anyone who gets you will be the luckiest person alive," I turned to look at her as well, remembering why we were such friends. Lydia could be a straight cold bitch in her daily life, showing everyone that she loved herself and no one could knock her down. And I admired this about her, but this side of her, the one that showed she was sensitive and somewhat fragile with some things- the side that showed her feelings.

"Same goes for you," I smiled softly, "You're the brightest and strongest person I know. You deserve just and only the best of the best," my smile stretched in a teasing on when I saw her lips turning up, "Let's not forgot you're the most skilled person with eyebrow tweezers that will ever exist!"

Lydia laughed before sitting and I followed her movements. After a couple seconds, she became quite and when I was about to ask her why; she sighed. "I missed that," she said softly, "It's been a while since we hang out like this, or talk about this things," I nodded in agreement.

My arm rested around Lydia's shoulder, hugging her, "You're right. I miss that too"

"I miss him," Lydia mumbled, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Who?"

"Jackson," she mumbled playing with her fingers.

I sigh escaped my lips, "Jackson loves you. I don't know what is going on with him right now, but it's probably for the better and safer for you two to be distant from each other for now. Maybe things will be alright in the end," I shrugged softly and Lydia nodded, "Either way, you deserve someone who will only put you up, not down. Maybe Jackson will reevaluate himself. Maybe not." I sighed, "If not, you'll find a guy who will be good for you," I nodded, kissing her head.