25

(just pretend is a bow)

"Just come to this address, I'll be waiting for you,"

Emily finished the call watching at the barn in front of her. Inside she found Allison ready to slash Isaac.

 She quickly shot an arrow at the girl's blade, making it drop on the floor. Allison looked at the blade before her eyes caught Emily, her face morphing into a surprised one while the silver eyed girl merely smirked back.

"What are you doing here?" Allison asked.

"Stopping you"

"Get out before you get hurt," the Argent hunter warned as she picked the knives from her pockets, "I only want Derek," she growled.

"The thing is... " Emily started, taking a couple steps closer to her friend, "I'm not going to let you"

Upon seeing the silver eyes, Allison frowned before slashing one of her knives in Emily's direction. She dodged and then kicked Allison's leg making her fall into one knee.

Allison tried to slash with her other knife but Emily kicked it away before kicking her arm, trapping it to the floor as she fell. Emily picked an arrow and mirrored her bow to Allison's head, ready to shot if the hunter tried anything else.

"Wait!" someone shouted, but she didn't look up, "Emily stop!"

Scott and Chris stared wide-eyed when Emily first glanced at them, "What are you doing?" Scott asked.

"She tried to attack Isaac and kill Derek," Scott's brows furrowed upon hearing the different tone in her voice, one he had never heard her use before.

Watching her pressing the arrow on his daughter head, who looked at him with a scared expression, Chris took a couple steps ahead looking carefully at the silver eyed girl. "Emily, why are you doing this?"

The girl looked at the man with narrow eyes, "Θα προστατεύσει το βασίλειό μου" ((author's: the translation will come later for the sake of the story))

Their confusion faces made Emily snort, "You Argents are pathetic" she spat, "You don't deserve the title of hunters"

"What is she t-" Scott was cut off by the noise coming from behind the girls. Emily had just turned around when the kanima hit her in the face before grabbing her and Allison by their throats.

"That was a great show," Gerard's said grabbing everyone's attention.

Allison looked at him confused, "What are you doing?"

"He's doing what he came here to do," Scott replied.

"Then you know," Gerard nodded.

"What's he talking about?" Allison cried.

"It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?"

"He's dying," Isaac said smelling the death on the old man.

Everyone looked at Gerard as he confirmed, "I am. I have been for a while now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. But the supernatural does"

Chris, understanding what he said, looked at his father in disappointment, "You monster,"

"Not yet," he gave his son a wicked smile.

"What are you doing?!" Allison shouted making the kanima squeeze their throats harder.

"You'll kill her too?" Chris asked in disbelief.

Gerard shouted, "When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son!" he said cruelly before turning to Scott, calling him.

"Scott, don't," Derek said from the floor, "You know that he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an Alpha"

"That's true. But I think he already knows that, don't you, Scott? He knows that the ultimate prize is Allison. Do this small task for me, and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. And in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love," Scott turned back to his human form, picking Derek up.

"Scott, don't!" the alpha shouted making Emily squirm in the kanima's grip.

"Scott don't you dare!" she shouted, but it went ignored. He put Derek on his knees and opened his mouth "Stop!" But it was too late, Gerard got his bite showing it off proudly. Emily tried to get free, but the grip was too strong.

Allison's gasp made Emily look at her, her gaze following what Allison was watching to see Gerard glaring at his bite, that bled a black goo. 

The bite didn't work.

"Mountain ash!" Gerard yelled in fury, falling on the floor as he vomited the same black goo. When he could breathe again, he turned to the kanima, "Kill them! Kill them all!"

Emily took the kanima's distraction to elbow him hard, making it drop the two teenagers with the sudden hit. It tried to hit her with its tail, but the girl dodged, Allison, not being as quick, fell.

The kanima turned to her, making it the perfect time for Emily to sneak up on it, releasing an arrow to its shoulder before she kicked the lizard far away.

Lydia -who Stiles found just as she got out of her car near the barn, entered his Jeep after he promptly ordered her to enter- closed her eyes as the teenager drove his car into the barn's side, passing through it and (fortunately) hitting the kanima as it went. Lydia got out of the Jeep with wide eyes staring at the car as Stiles followed her steps.

>>flashback on<<
"I need you to come here," Emily said through the phone
"Why?" She sniffed
"You want to help Jackson? You can save him, just come Lydia," she said before hanging up.
>>flashback off<<

"Jackson, Jackson!" she called, holding a key out for him to see. As Emily expected, the boy turned back human. 

The key was from Jackson's house, given from him to his girlfriend when he felt comfortable enough with her and to him, it was his way of saying 'I love you' to Lydia Martin.

What no one expected was Derek and Peter jumping in front of the teenage boy, slashing their claws inside him. 

Lydia's scream muffled Emily's gasp, "Jackson," she whispered with her hands over her mouth. When she tried to walk towards her dead friend, a hand stopped her. Stiles looked at her sorrowfully -yet with some kind of relief seeing her brown eyes- as she glanced around the room. Allison, Scott, and Chris Argent, all watching in silence as Lydia cried as she stood up, taking a couple steps away from Jackson.

Emily freed herself from Stiles, running to her best friend. She hugged Lydia as the girl broke down, "Shh, shh," she hushed as tears rolled down her face. They stayed like this for minutes.

A noise made Emily open her eyes, widening when she saw what was behind Lydia, "Lydia..."
the girl turned as Emily distanced herself from him, bringing Lydia with her. 

Jackson huffed, his werewolf face morphing back into his human form, before he looked at Lydia, his eyes filled with emotion as she ran to him. 

Their embrace so tight like one could vanish if they let go.