Chapter Eleven

They arrived at the base, and Rey jumped off of the ship, after thanking Cedric for the ride. The guy nodded and smiled then went away. Rey ran to General Leia.

"General, I need to speak to my father, is there any way I can speak to him?" Rey pratically cried out, panting from the run.

"Call him." Leia answered calmly.

"Call him?" Rey asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I mean it literally. Call his name as if he was just next to you. Use the force.

"Okay, thank you," Rey said still not really believing the General.

"Oh and Rey?" Leia called.

Rey turned around to face her with an expression of wonder.

"You should go to the Jedi Temple, it'll be quieter."

Rey nodded with a small smile and ran to the Millennium Falcon she started it up. A few seconds later, she was gone to the Jedi Temple. She landed on a platform not far from it, and quietly walked into it, holding her breath at every step. The sacred place was impressive, and Rey felt a little intimidated. She crossed the long and large corridor, decorated with many golden statues. Rey's head was up, her eyes going from one statue to another with awe. She finally arrived in a large room, where she found a strange sort of altar, where there was a pile of books, just like inside the Jedi's tree. Rey approached it, and as she was about to take one of them, she remembered why she was there. She looked around and finally sat down on the floor, eyes closed, as she started calling her father's name. She heard him respond, and waited. A few minutes later, she was hearing footsteps coming closer to where she was sitting. Her eyes snapped open and she jumped on her feet to greet her father. He smiled and settled down next to her.

"Rey," he started, "why did you call me?

"Father," she said slowly, "I was wondering, have I really spent only a year on this planet, or was it my whole childhood?"

Owan ducked his head.

"It was.

"And I knew Ben Solo too, didn't I? He was my friend, wasn't he?

"He was.

"Then why did you lie to me?" Rey exclaimed angrily. "And why couldn't I remember it?

"It's complicated...

"Everything's complicated!

"Let me explain."

Rey folded her arms across her chest, very unsatisfied. But she chose to listen.

"We lived here. Your mother was indeed in the Resistance, while I was in the Council of the Jedis, here. She had to leave often for some missions. Luke Skywalker was training his apprentices on Naboo, here in the Temple at that time, and since you were growing lonely, he presented you Ben Solo, the son of his best friend, Han, and his sister, Princess Leia. You quickly became very fond of him, and so did he. He spent all his free times with you, and even sometimes he would try to help you use the force which was a dangerous thing to do, but the force was so strong in him, I let him do it, because I knew he'd be careful, and also because the force is as strong with you. The older you got, the more you liked each other; but Luke started to fear this relationship, for it would distract his apprentice, and passion would take over. He had too much of his grandfather in him already. So he decided to move and take his apprentices away from Naboo, and he ended up finding the planet where he could train them in peace. But Ben had grown angry with this change he didn't understand. Everytime he could, he went back to Naboo to find you. In the end, Luke forbid him to ever go back to Naboo and that's when he met a dark figure from the First Order, who led him to Snoke. Snoke knew exactly how to bring him to the Dark Side and so he did. Luke noticed that Ben had changed, and he realised it was all Snoke's doing. Scared that you could be discovered, and of all the consequences Ben's actions could do to you, he washed every memory Ben had of you, and he asked me to do the same for you. It was heartbreaking, but I did it, for your safety. Luke tried to bring Ben back first, but he couldn't, darkness had already taken possession of his soul. Luke was desperate, and you know the rest of the story.