Epilogue

"It is done
I have decided
No going back now
I have seen
And I believe
You'll return somehow

Since the first time I saw you, I knew
The shadows in your heart withdrew
Though the world grows darker every day
And hope seems all but a memory
Nothing can dim or extinguish this flame
Ignited long ago
Deep within me

No one can break my will
Nothing can change
My path is
Laid before me."

The Light appeared before Rey and Poe, as Ben's body disappeared. The Dark Side had been defeated, they had won. The Light was here to bring his brother back to his mother and home, to restrain him. Rey, Poe and Ani went back to the Millennium Falcon, Rey crying, Poe comforting her, and Ani looking nor happy, nor sad. Balance. But in his eyes was a profound happiness : his father had been saved, forgiven. And now he was in a happy place.

Leia saw them coming, and stared at Rey. She knew. She had felt it. She wasn't sad, she was happy. She was at peace. What Rey didn't know was that after he died, Ben had appeared to his mother, and asked for her forgivness, and then had explained everything. She had forgiven him.

As she looked around, it seemed that everyhting was in slow motion. But peace had become queen. Stormtroopers had taken their masks off, revealing their faces, hugging each other.

Hux, who was the Dark Side's slave had been taken along with the Dark Side. He was to receive a severe punishment.

The stormtroopers were greeted with the Resistance, and they all went back to Naboo. Leia had programmed a bomb to destroy the Starkiller. It was destroyed a few minutes after they were gone.

As they landed in Naboo, Rey, Poe and Ani went into Poe's home, and from that moment onwards, he took care of them as he had promised.

Every day, Rey used to take Ani to the place where they had put Ben's ashes, and they would together talk to him. Sometimes, Ben appeared to them, sometimes, he couldn't. Rey had started to begin a new life. She wanted to keep her promises, and so she did.

It took her a year to start getting over Ben's death. She was helped by Poe and Ben at the same time. After that year, she married Poe, and together they raised Ani to be the Hope of the Galaxy he was meant to be. Ben looked at them everyday. His mother had joined him on the other side of the Force, and the Solo family had been reunited.

Peace was reigning, and the Galaxy was starting to rebuild itself on safer bases. Rey became queen, Poe General, and together, they leaded the Galaxy into prosperity, happiness and peace.

The Force was upon them guiding them each day of their life.

Forgiveness and love had saved Ben and the Galaxy. Balance saved them all.

It had been their final choice.

                           The End