Chapter 11- Edited ✓

Harper's POV

Even though I had more sleep than I usually did on a weekday, my body felt exhausted and drained. After getting in from my afternoon spent with Angelo, my mind kept going over what he had told me; he was an orphan like me. I knew staying up and torturing myself with the image of a young motherless Angelo would only cause me more emotional turmoil, but I couldn't help it, no child deserved to grow up motherless.

By the time sleep consumed me that night, my dreams plagued by images of a small dark-haired boy with strikingly blue eyes crying out for his mother. When my alarm went off in the morning I was grateful for its obnoxious tone, I had slept for over 8 hours, but my body didn't seem to realise that, all these late nights were catching up to me. In less than two weeks I'd be leaving school for the Christmas break, and then I was on the Home strait, three months left and then adios school and hello big bad world.

My mind drifted back to the decision I made yesterday evening when I got home, was I ready to tell Angelo everything? The decision seemed right at the time, so I was sticking to it. It felt strange knowing that I was going to open up to someone I'd known for less than two months. 

However in that short space of time, Angelo had become a friend something that I hadn't had for a long time, and I felt guilty about keeping something as important as this from him after everything he told me yesterday.

Dragging myself out of bed and over towards my wardrobe I threw on some jeans and a jumper, picking up my glasses off the bedside table I made my way downstairs for breakfast and hopefully a large coffee or ten before I leave for school. Walking into the kitchen, I was surprised to see that my nan wasn't in the kitchen waiting for me, walking over to the table something caught my eye. It was a note.

Harper darling I've gone to see your grandad and parents for a while, I'm sorry I'm not here to make you your breakfast, but the coffee pot is hot and please remember to make yourself some food before school. I'll see you after school, dear.

Lots of love nan xxx

I pulled out another piece of paper and wrote out my reply; I wouldn't go into the details of where I'd be going only that I wouldn't be back at my usual time.

I won't be coming straight home after school, I'm going out for a while, but I'll be back Home in time for dinner & don't worry I'm making some toast as I write this. I love you, and I'll see you soon

Harper xxx

After a piece of toast generously covered In Nutella and two coffee's with slightly more sugar in them than I technically needed, I was ready to take on the day, and by that, I meant sitting through six hours of school without pulling clumps of my hair out. I was counting down the days until school finished for the Christmas holidays and I could finally have some time to rest, even though I'd still be working I wouldn't have to worry about the lack of sleep.

Throwing my vans on and picking up my bag I made my way out the door and towards school, it wasn't an unusually cold morning, but a part of me wished that I was sat in the warm back seat of Angelo's limo instead of walking.

Four hours into the school day and I was ready to slam my face into my desk; there was nothing particularly wrong with Wednesdays at school it was just mind-numbingly dull. I could think of 100 different places that I'd rather be. Yeah, and most of them involve being with a particular CEO.

God my subconscious was a bitch sometimes, but I couldn't argue with her. Spending all this time with Angelo wasn't helping the fact that I had some pretty strong feelings for him and that we were only meant to be friends.