Chapter 2 - Edited ✓

Harper's POV

The building that Opals run from gives nothing away about its striking interior. The outside is like any other in this particular area of town.

However, if you're one of the lucky few that get to view what's on the other side of its doors, you would never have guessed such a dreary building would house such an extravagant club.

Sliding gracefully out the car I walk alongside the driver until I reach the clubs entrance.

Two large bouncers' man the door. Kevin and Kyle who I know by experience are just large teddy bears.

However, to passers-by would look slightly intimidating decked out in their black suits and earpieces as they stand by the door filtering out the riff-raff, ensuring the club maintains the high standard that our clientele expect.

The two men smile at me and let me through the doors without hesitation instantly earning a grumble from a few of the people at the front of the line.

What they didn't know was I wasn't some fancy high roller looking for a good time I was here to work.

However, with the way, I was dressed anyone would suspect I was one of the elite members of society that frequented Opal.

Nevertheless, in this case, I was not, and the whole get up I had on was my work uniform and not something that would end up on the floor of some up and coming bachelor at the end of the night after a wild evening of drinking top-shelf liquor and spirits.

The main room consisted of an overly large dance floor, booths and a large bar that doubles as a fish tank. The whole place was illuminated by turquoise lights that contrasted well with the dark walls of the club.

Making my way over to the bar I spot Mark, the regular bartender at Opal during the week. He must have seen me because a glass of neat scotch with two ice cubes was already waiting for me at the end of the bar.

Throwing my drink back in one gulp and shouting out a quick thank you I made my way to the darker part of the club, the place that only the most exceptional customers were permitted to enter.

Walking over to another guarded door I removed the pass from my purse, swiped it and the door unlocked. Walking to the locker room, I placed my phone and purse into an empty one and went in search of Jack.

What people don't know is that Opal isn't just a regular nightclub for London's elite it also doubles as a place that houses a private gentlemen's club. Housed in the back of Opal is a private section where only the best of the best are allowed through its doors.

The men admitted into this prestigious club, hold gold membership cards and are hand-picked by Jack to ensure the clientele are of a high enough standard.

I walked past the private rooms, upon entering the main room of the suite I find Jack sat at one of the bar stools talking to one of the other girls that work in this part of the club.

"Hey, Jack can I speak to you once you're free?" I call out as I make my way over to where he's sat. He turns to face me holding his finger up to indicate he'll only be a moment, so I take a seat and patiently wait at the bar for him to finish talking.

Moments later Jack finished his conversation and made his way over to me. "Hey Harp, what's up?" Jack inquiries while sitting down on the bar stool next to me.

"I need to pick up a few extra shifts for the next few weeks or so; Nan is starting to struggle with all the stress. I'm worried it's going to push her over the edge and she'll get ill, I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to her jack I can't lose her, I won't have anyone left" I whisper.