Chapter 16 - Edited ✓

Harper's POV

I glanced at my phone , 6:45 AM. I didn't have to be up for another hour but my mind wouldn't let me sleep. All weekend this new job had been at the forefront of my mind , working at Opal was one thing but working for a company of the scale was something completely different. There were so many things that could go wrong , the main one being loosing Angelo's trust. I wanted him to know that what he had told me meant something to me and I was determined not to let him down.

20 minutes later and I knew I wasn't getting back to sleep so I decided that getting up was the most productive thing to do. I walked over to my wardrobe and opened the side with all of my new work clothes , the morning after my last shift at Opal I took a trip into town and bought myself an array of different skirts , blouses and heels and I even splashed out on a black Armani handbag that I now classed as my prize possession. I could re-invent myself here and the whole idea of people not knowing I was a high school nobody made me smile , I'd no longer be known as Harper Dawson school nerd and recluse , I'll be Harper Dawson glamorous PA to Mr Angelo Deluca.

I chose a silky white blouse and paired it with a black pencil skirt that ended a few inches above my knee and decided that my black Louis Vuitton heels would be perfect for my first day in the office. After I was pleased with the outfit, I had picked out I gave my phone a quick check, and it was only 7:15, so I decided to reward myself with a long hot shower. The hot water felt amazing against my skin and the fact that I didn't have to rush made everything so much better, I usually hated early mornings but what I had realised was that I could get so much more done without rushing about.

Half an hour later I was thoroughly relaxed from my shower and in the process of beginning to tame my hair , another plus side of waking up early was having enough time to make myself presentable , maybe I should've gotten up early for school and showed up looking less like something that's been dragged through a head backwards. Maybe then I wouldn't have been treated like a social leper. After another 10 minutes of some serious brushing and blow drying my hair was dry and for once didn't look like a rats nest.

It didn't take me long to get ready , after straitening my hair and applying some light makeup I looked at my reflection and for once I liked what I saw. I looked sophisticated , I looked like somebody that belongs in a company like Angelo's. Grabbing my glasses and slipping them on I made my way downstairs to hopefully get a coffee or two in my system before Angelo came to pick me up for work.

At 8:45, my phone vibrated, it was Angelo, and I smiled instantly.

To: Harper

From : Angelo

On my way to you

Shouldn't be too long

How are you feeling about today?

To : Angelo

From : Harper

I'm actually really

Excited , I've been up since

6:45. See you soon

Pouring myself another cup of coffee I made my way into the living room to sit with my nan till Angelo arrives. "Morning nan"

"Good morning love , you look beautiful sweetheart. I'm so proud of you , going from McDonalds to such a large corporate company it's outstanding. Your parents would be so proud of you."

"I hope so", I wanted to tell her how grateful I was for everything she did for me. I couldn't get my words out, and if I started I was scared that the waterworks would start, and I wouldn't be able to stop, and I didn't have time to re-do my makeup.