Chapter 28 - Edited ✓

Harper's POV

My eyes opened slightly, my vision slowly adjusting to the darkroom. A small smile formed on my lips when I realised where I was. I shifted around slightly and found that I was pinned to the soft mattress by two strong arms that were wrapped around my waist in a vice-like grip, not that I minded when the arms belonged to Angel. He must have carried me to bed after id fell asleep on the sofa, god knows how many hours ago. I relished in the silence for a moment, allowing my mind to drift over today's events. Never would I have thought today would have ended like it had, with Angelo and me wrapped up in bed together.

I turned slightly so I could get a better look at the sleeping man next to me, god this man was something else. His usual clean-shaven jaw was covered in light stubble, and the lips that I had become so dangerously addicted to were slightly parted. He looked so much younger when he was asleep, not having to worry about the weight of an entire empire resting on his shoulders. My hands itched to touch him, but sleep was threatening to claim me again, nestling up to Angelo's chest I breathed in the scent of his body wash and aftershave. Closing my eyes, I let sleep take me, with a smile evidently on my face this time because I was in the arms of the man I was falling in love with.

I could smell bacon; the mouth-watering scent caused my stomach to rumble. Despite the large feast room service had given Angelo and me last night, I was starving and in much need of some breakfast. I sat up in the large bed and took a minute to admire the surroundings; the room was the same as it had been the last time I was here. But things felt different, well maybe because they were. Even though Angelo and I had admitted our feelings to each other, there was no clearly defined label as to what we were. But at the moment none of that mattered, I'd just spent the night in his arms, and I couldn't be any happier. There was nothing on this earth that could ruin my happy mood today, having a quick stretch and doing my best to sort my tangled mess of hair out with my fingers I made my way out to the kitchen, where the delicious scent of food was coming from.

The moment I rounded the corner to the kitchen, my mouth almost hit the floor. The sight before me should have been entirely illegal. Angelo cooking breakfast in just a pair of joggers that were dangerously low was a sight to behold. I knew I looked like I total freak staring at him like this, but I couldn't help myself, every well-defined muscle from his gorgeously tanned back to his abdominal region was on show and my god if I didn't know any better I'd think this man was carved from marble. If the smell of the food cooking weren't enough to start my mouth-watering, a shirtless Angelo defiantly would. Pulling myself together, I walked over to one of the chairs by the breakfast bar and perched myself on one.

"Didn't think you used this kitchen?" I hoped that my voice didn't betray how flustered I was feeling. Angelo turned to face me, a smile on his lips that could've melted my heart on the spot. Setting the pan down on the side, he walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. Using one of his fingers to tilt my chin up, he placed a small but passionate kiss on my lips. My arms snaked around his waist, and my head came to rest just below his collar bone , I savoured this intimate moment because I knew that we wouldn't be able to have times like this while we were in work , we were both busy with plans for the new hotel , moments like this would be a rarity. "How did you sleep?" His voice came out as a murmur, placing a kiss, on the top of my head, he walked back over to the pan he was using to cook breakfast.

" I think I had one of the best sleep's I've ever had; you have one seriously soft bed. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Oh and by the way I'm keeping the shirt I've become rather fond of it." I laugh, shooting him a sly smile.

He chuckled slightly, shaking his head. " I hope you're hungry; I've done us quite a feast."

I tried to catch a glimpse of what he was cooking but I couldn't, the only thing I had to go off was the glorious smells floating around the kitchen, " I'm defiantly hungry, it all smells so good."