Chapter 5 - Edited ✓

Angelo Deluca's POV

After I got in from the meeting at Opal last night for the first time in a long time, I changed into my joggers and went straight to bed. The need to get blind drunk wasn't there, and for the first time since my father died, I wasn't stumbling into the office still half cut from the night before like I usually do.

My mood had significantly improved and not that I'd like to admit it to anyone due to it being down to the half an hour daydream that involved Harper this morning on my way to work. I knew nothing about her, and it was driving me insane, the only thing I knew about her was her first name and that she worked in the Gentlemen's club based in Opal and I doubt that ringing up and asking about her would provide me with any information what so ever.

As soon as I got to my office, I was greeted by Amanda who gave me the rundown of my schedule for today. I was hoping it wasn't going to be as busy due to it being a Saturday, but I was wrong, three business meetings, two telephone conferences and a message left for me by Jessica ...she was really starting to piss me off.

"Thank you and Amanda if Miss Black calls again and leaves another message just ignore it please, she's no longer someone I associate myself with," I say, and with that, she's dismissed. My mind somehow drifts back to Harper and how different she looks compared to Jessica.

In many ways, Harper is her complete opposite with Jessica having short bleach blonde hair and piercing blue eyes that once used to captivate me while Harper has long black hair and green eyes that have an air of mystery about them.

Sitting back in my chair I let out a sigh, suddenly an idea that most people would deem mad popped into my head. I really wanted to see her again so the most obvious thing to do would be to visit her at Opal again tonight and if she weren't there I'd just keep going back until she was, I had this undying urge to find out more about her life, more about the girl who'd completely invaded my mind.

I just hoped that she wasn't another Jessica. With that last thought, I was called into my first meeting by Amanda.

I wonder if she's thinking about me.

Harpers POV

I woke up around mid-day, and for the first time since the start of the week, I felt rested.

I had nothing to do today, so I made the decision that I would spend it binge watching Gossip Girl on Netflix. I'd also decided that I'd take Nan out for a meal later on in the day, with me working and having school all week I felt like I'd been neglecting her, so I wanted to do something nice for her.

Jumping out of bed I make my way downstairs as quietly as I can. Hoping that If I get past my Nan, I can act like a functioning adult for once and make my own breakfast, even though its gone mid-day. I was wrong, she was waiting for me in the kitchen, the coffee pot already warm and the jar of Nutella waiting for me on the table with the smell of toast wafting around the kitchen.

"How did you hear me get up? I was like a ninja coming down the stairs" I exclaim as I make my way over to the coffee pot. "I have my ways dear" my nan replies as she chuckles at my overly dramatic outburst. Moments later I'm spreading a thick layer of Nutella on my toast. "How was your shift last night dear?" Nan asks as she watches me savagely attack the chocolaty goodness.

"It was good yeah," I say through chews "they let me go an hour early because the place was quiet. I got home just after 3:30, oh and I got some amazing tips last night so I'm taking us both out for dinner, I'm not taking no for an answer" I say, Nan is hard headed like me, and I'm not taking no for an answer she can complain all she wants. All I get is a slight chuckle as a reply and I know I've won.