Chapter 21 - Edited ✓

Harper's POV

It was Friday morning , I was stood in the living room window bouncing from one foot to the other. Today was the day id find out what surprise Angelo had in store for me , I had spent the majority of the ride to and from work yesterday practically begging him to tell me what he had planned but the man was stubborn , he didn't budge one bit and I was left frustrated.

Moments later, the sleek black limousine belonging to Angelo pulled up outside the house. The only good thing about my nan not being home Is that the limo can park up right outside the house without the risk of my nan seeing and bombarding me with questions. Picking up my bag from by the front door and with my phone in hand, I make my way out to the car, hoping that today was the day I'll find out what he's got in store for me.

"Morning" I sigh as I relax into the plush leather seat.

"Morning Harper, sleep well?"

" I slept like a baby, what did you get up to last night?"

" Nothing interesting , reading over business proposals and reading over the plans for the hotel again , everything seems to be going accordingly so far."

A breath taking smile appeared on his face; I could tell he was pleased with the progress the builders were making.

"Soo" I began , I couldn't cope not knowing about what was going on tonight. I'd get it out of him even if it kills me. "About tonight , what do you have planned ? You know I hate surprises." I was almost whining at this point but this is what he'd reduced me to. His response was a deep chuckle , he knew what not knowing did to me and I was more than sure that he enjoyed seeing me getting so worked up. "I'm picking you up at 8 and taking you somewhere and make sure you're dressed up." Well okay then , Mr cryptic.

"Are you going to tell me where this place is or is that little slice of information being kept from me?"

"It's still a secret; you're just going to have to wait until tonight to find out where we're going."

"You're infuriating" I snap "you know I hate surprises why do you do this to me"

Another deep chuckle slipped through his lips. " I enjoy seeing you get so worked up over something as insignificant as a plan or destination " his voice was warm and full of humour but it only added fuel to the fire.

"Ugh, you're such a dick" I groan. I wished he'd just tell me , even the little hint he'd given me gave me no clue what so ever to what we'd be doing later on that night only that I'd need to dress up , and that could mean anything. I tried to think of a few things that Angelo might have planned but I was drawing a blank.

"You don't have a patient bone in your body do you?"

"You know full well I don't, you keeping secrets from me doesn't help either."

"All I'm going to say is that you'll enjoy it and I promise you you're going to have an amazing time."

The rest of the journey to work was full of general chit chat and banter , we spoke about my nan and decided that we'd go up and see her Sunday. Her and Angelo had really hit it off , he was the perfect gentlemen asking my nan all about her life and what she liked to do in her spare time. Half the time it was like I wasn't even in the room but I didn't mind , I liked that they got along.

The limo pulled up outside of Angelo's building , shouting a quick goodbye to Craig I exited the car and caught up with Angelo. " you've got a quiet day today , no meetings but you've got a few messages from other businesses that want meet with you to discuss business ideas."

"Bring the notes Into my office in a bit, well go over it together."

"Sure, want a coffee ?"

"I'll sort the coffee today, you get the notes, and we'll go from there."