Chapter 21 [M]

The cicadas stopped chirping a while ago. Staring at the floor wrapped in the black blanket, it took Wonwoo a while before finally realizing how silent the room was. It was really calm. There was nobody else besides himself. No alphas trying to get him. No anxiety-provoking thoughts that stressed him. He was alone, alas.

Looking around, he finally notice the disastrous interior of the room courtesy of himself. He should clean up. He was safe enough to move around the house anyway. Mingyu said he wouldn't have another wave that quickly.

Making the bed, he placed the brown digital clock back on the bedside table, right below the lamp. No numbers were displayed much to his horror. The alpha would most likely throw a tantrum if he found out that Wonwoo broke it! Hitting the clock as hard as he could a few times, Wonwoo could finally breath easy once he saw some numbers on the screen. Whether the time was right, he didn't know and couldn't care less.

Scanning the room, he grinned to himself. The room was almost in perfect condition so he decided to clean elsewhere. He did went all crazy this morning...Stepping out of the room, his eyes almost jumped out of the sockets; besides the kitchen which the owner probably cleaned lightly while they were eating, everywhere else were of course, hit by hurricane Jeon. No wonder Mingyu was in such a bad mood this morning.

Wonwoo sighed. Making the mess was simple, cleaning it was another thing. He didn't even remember where the alpha placed each of his stuff. Should he just randomly rearrange them and tell Mingyu later? That was the best option right now. Deciding just to go with it, he started by putting the books in place first before moving to the couch. At least, with the living room clean, the whole apartment looks better. Next, kitchen. The place he rarely goes to. Where should he place all those spices? There were so many spices... In the cupboard? Cupboard seemed logical. He spilled some stuff on the floor too. He should clean those.

Sitting down to pick up a few big bits of unknown ingredients, he stiffened at the cold sensation at his bottom. The boxers was wet and it felt uncomfortable, disgusting to say the least. He stood back up, ignoring the spill but that didn't help either. The coldness was still there. The fabric was stuck to his skin causing discomfort but he was too repulsed to even pull it. This was bad, he felt sick to the stomach from the thought of the fluid flowing out from him. Goosebumps were all over his body, his skin was starting to itch. Itchy. His neck, his arms, his chest, everywhere was itchy.

This can't happen now.

Not yet. It was still too early.

Wonwoo looked at the wall clock, ignoring the urge to scratch himself. It was already past noon. Mingyu will be back by noon so he could well be on his way home. He needed to take care of this heat before the alpha arrives.

His jaw was tensed from the sudden emotional breakdown he was about to have but Wonwoo refused to give in. Running to the room to look for the black bag Mingyu left him last night, he spilled out the contents before leaning against the wall in devastation, his knees suddenly too weak to support himself. This was his new reality, having to stuff these things inside himself so he can free himself from the heat. It was either this, or have another person touch him. He didn't want any of that. He didn't want to have his heat. He didn't want the fucking uterus. He didn't want to wet himself like a child and cry for help like a pathetic human being. He was fine being a beta!

Frowning deeply, he stood up and made his way to the bathroom. There was a bathtub he could use to calm himself down. Submerging himself in water always work, he would feel clean and he wouldn't fell the fluid to mind it. This was great.