Chapter 24

After more than an hour of hustle and bustle to finally make the small hut at least livable, all six male finally sat down for their dinner. Besides the battery-powered lantern, it was as dark as the abyss. As all of them were already tired, none of them really said anything and just focused on eating. Which in turn, allowed the sound of the wood to take over. And it creeped some of them out.

Noticing the inactivity of his friends, Jun started, 'So Hansol. What happened there? Boo Seungkwan?' He turned his gaze towards his closest friend who stared at him as a signal that he was doing good. Everyone turned their attention to the embarrassed alpha who tried to ignore them by eating as fast as he could. But of course, being him, he managed to choke a bit and ended up with severe coughing.

Laughing their butts off, Minghao helped the poor boy out while the other made fun of him further. 'Isn't it too early? It's only been three months? Four? Even our golden couple took a year before they bonded...' The older Chinese expressed his concern and Wonwoo couldn't help but nod in agreement.

'It was an accident.'

Everyone looked at each other, wondering if they heard right. Seungcheol broke the silence first by snorting, infecting the others. 'Accidental bonding??'

'It's true! I swear! We were wrestling and-'

'Woah. Wait. Wrestling?' Minghao interrupted while the 96-liners slapped each other's back to stop themselves from suffocating. 'You shouldn't wrestle yet! You're only 20 years old!'

Seungcheol took deep breaths, his face distorted too much from excitement, 'Yaah, that's not the best part. Ask him why he got the bandage on.' And so Minghao did.

'We were playing around and-'

'Playing. Pfft...' Jun whispered to his partner, but loud enough for everyone to hear. They didn't even bother to hide their giggles. Realizing the other meaning of his statement, Hansol got defensive and almost screamed, 'I swear! We were playing basketball!! And I got too aggressive so we ended up wrestling!!'

'Okay, okay. And then?' Wonwoo tried to calm the youngest down.

'And then I bit his neck but ONLY cus I know we couldn't bond since he had the protector thing like Wonu-hyung has.' He tried to close the subject at that but the looks on his hyungs clearly suggested that they wouldn't let it rest until Hansol spilled everything. 'Seungkwan got annoyed and bit me back.'

'But you guys bonded though?' Minghao asked what the other two was dying to know.

'Apparently omegas can mark alphas too.' All three of them did an 'O' with their mouths, trying to digest the new knowledge. It somehow made sense since it would be weirder if alphas were the only ones able to do that. Wonwoo wondered how hard he had to bite to mark someone. Considering the strength of alphas in comparison to the other two kinds, it should be fairly easy for them. Playing with his protector, he realized another thing, 'But why aren't you guys required to wear a neck-protector?'

'Cus no omega is strong enough to force-mark an alpha!' Seungcheol mindlessly answered, looking at the younger alpha, bemused. 'Hansol's probably the first marked alpha in history.' He clapped at his own joke but quickly stopped, aware of the silence and tensed atmosphere. 'Shit. Wonu-yah...'

'Wae... it's funny.' Wonwoo tried to ease the tension by laughing awkwardly. This was the very thing he didn't want happen. Them being too cautious around him. He was fine with those kind of innocent jokes now, it didn't trigger anything. He really didn't want to spoil the mood by just being there. He noticed Jeonghan worriedly looking at his direction and gave the older a forced smile. He needed to do something, 'Sometimes I wonder if our Hansol is really an alpha too!'