Chapter 35

Pushing the alpha back, Wonwoo tried to jump away from the couch towards the kitchen, hoping to make it to the bedroom to lock himself in but before he could do so, his hand was pulled back and he fell back on the soft cushion, straight toward the alpha. Bringing his free hand up to protect his face, Wonwoo closed his eyes the moment he saw the other's hand hovering above him, praying he would survive the hit.

...which never came.

Still stiff in the tight embrace, Wonwoo's breaths stuttered as his head was pushed toward Mingyu's chest, hearing the really fast, and strong heartbeat. Mingyu was breathing heavily as well, probably trying to hard to stay calm. 'Mingyu, I-'

'Don't you slap me again. You fucking know I hate that.' He heard the larger man growl and nodded hastily, bringing his own hand to hug the man back. His tears stuck in his eyes were now free-flowing as Wonwoo started to speak. 'I'm sorry.'

'You're not the only one with problems here. I'm trying too.' He heard the man hissed, probably still pissed. Nodding weakly, he stayed in position, trying to relax along with his alpha.

He didn't know how long they stayed there, maybe minutes, maybe hours, but they were both finally sane enough to talk. Still holding on to each other, they moved their positions to the couch, leaning against the soft back cushion. 'Why don't you wanna do it?'

Wonwoo shook his head at first, refusing to answer but as he looked at the tensed face on his partner, he gathered the courage, 'I- I'm scared.' He locked his eyes with his alpha, 'What if I die?'

Mingyu frowned at that answer. If omegas die during bonding, it would already be considered a crime. That was the stupidest reason he could ever think of. Unless, of course he was concerned due to what happened that night, but that was a special case. 'You won't'

'You don't know that.' Mingyu sighed a loud sigh. He was still irritated from what happened minutes ago. Though he was trying his best not to get physical and run amok, he really couldn't handle any more of this shit. He was so tired of explaining these things to Wonwoo over and over again. His doctors already told him about it, his friends knew it, even the betas remembered it. Why couldn't Wonwoo get it inside his head?? 'You can control your pheromones now. You'll be okay.'

'You don't know that....' Wonwoo sat up, getting worked up suddenly, 'I don't wanna die. I don't wanna-'

'You're still free... what if you try to claim me again and I won't be able to take another bonding because I'm already bon-' Wonwoo choked on his own words, not even knowing what he was thinking about anymore. His mind was a mess. He had thought about why he didn't want to do it again, he had a good reason why, but now it didn't make sense anymore. The more he had to explain, the more confused he became. All he knew was he shouldn't do it. It was dangerous.

To Mingyu, all he heard was absurdities. He couldn't comprehend anything Wonwoo just said as it didn't make any sense. All he could hear was excuses. Unreasonable excuses. Why wouldn't Wonwoo want to do it if he was so bothered about other omegas chasing Mingyu and him doing the same? That alone should be enough reason to want to claim him for himself. It didn't make any sense. 'Let's just do it at the hospital in front of the doctors! Is that enough for you?! Or we can do it in front of your therapist that you trust so much. If anything happens, they can give you instant medical attention. Huh? What bout that?' He raised his voice, almost at the edge.