Chapter 23

Mingyu leaned against the door frame, staring at the frail back before Wonwoo put on his shirt. The bruises on his wrists and arms were almost completely gone and Mingyu was careful not to leave any marks on that milky neck. His hair was still a bit wet from the shower so the alpha took a towel and placed them on the other's head, drying them lightly while sighing inwardly.

Wonwoo turned his whole body around suddenly, shocking the alpha and looked up a bit, smirking triumphantly, satisfied with the surprised gasp. Mingyu couldn't do anything at the sweet face and smiled back. Wonwoo was being mischievous and it was cute. Everything about the man when he is in his right mind was just adorable to him. Caressing his bangs a few times, Mingyu returned to the kitchen to make the omega's final meal before leaving his apartment.

His heat was over. There was nothing left to hold him here.

Although he was almost driven crazy a few times, in the past few days, Mingyu learned so many things about the pale man, be it good or bad. His favourite thing would be how Wonwoo likes to play with his decorations whenever he was bored, which would be every time Mingyu read the omega guidebook to him, and how he likes to lay down on the floor whenever he gets the chance. The worst would be how Wonwoo would wake up in the middle of the night crying while looking for his pills when Mingyu left him to write his report in the living room a few times. The alpha would have to hold him in a tight hug to calm him down. He hated when the omega begged and screamed in his nightmare because he now know what messed him up so badly. He knew someone forced himself on Wonwoo. And he was sure the reason why Wonwoo would lost his mind when Mingyu accidentally knotted inside was because of that bastard.

Which was why he now found it really hard to let the omega go back. Because he would have to wake up alone in the room without anyone by his side. Mingyu never asked Wonwoo about it though. He doubt the other had a clue he knew about it either.

'Wae?'

'Nothing...' Mingyu brushed it off and watched as Wonwoo continued to munch on his sandwich. Noticing the stare, Wonwoo pushed a piece towards the alpha who beamed happily and took a bite. 'You sure you don't want me to send you?'

'Yeah. You've done enough. You still need to finish your report.'

'I wanna send you. Can't I drive you back?' Wonwoo only gave him a small smile and a shake. Mingyu rolled his eyes when he remembered 'Owh yeah. Your friends might kill me.'

'They won't... I think.' He didn't seem to be convinced by his own words because his friends were really mad at their argument a few days ago and were still worked up over it. He doubt they would let Mingyu near him without causing a commotion. And though Wonwoo thinks he need not answer to anybody regarding his personal matters, he knew they feel responsible and overprotective over him out of guilt of letting that night happen. The least he could do was not worry them. And telling them about this week would. This was a big deal. He just spent his first heat with Mingyu. He just slept with an alpha for the first time after his attack. Jeonghan would understand him, Seungcheol might or might not, Jun would flip out completely. 'I'll tell them.'

'About us? Wonwoo, what are we?'

Wonwoo sighed, putting the sandwich down. 'I... I just broke up few weeks ago. It's still too early for me.'

That was not it. Soonyoung and him ended way before. The only reason why he rejected Mingyu's offer to be lovers was because he felt that the reason why he stayed with the alpha was, in Mingyu's words, out of convenience. He needed someone to be with him and Mingyu just happened to be there. Even if he had meet some other alpha who could make him feel safe, Wonwoo couldn't be completely sure he wouldn't sleep with that alpha either.