Chapter 29

The phone buzzed again but one look at the sender and Wonwoo ignored it. It was already dark so it could only be Mingyu telling him he was going back for the day, along with his usual goodnight wish. Still finishing his project with the free software he installed a few weeks prior, the architectural student stretched a bit, satisfied when he heard the crack, and continued inserting the few details for the 3D model of the apartment he needed to submit the following week. Deciding to take a break after two hours, Wonwoo finally got up to pour himself a glass of juice to quench his thirst.

Another buzz was heard and again, although still very much reluctant, he took another look at the sender. It was Hansol, asking him about his progress on the task he was doing. They might be in the same year due to his break last year, but Wonwoo still considered it his responsibility to ensure this junior of his graduate on time. Unlocking his phone, Wonwoo cursed as he mistakenly clicked on Mingyu's mail instead of his junior's due to his wet thumb.

'Tsk.' Now the alpha was going to see a small 'seen' notification beneath his messages. After all his efforts to ignore the hundreds of messages from the man...

Quickly pressing the home button, Wonwoo opened the mail he intended to read in the first place. Wait. He thought he just saw the word ducks in Mingyu's message. What about ducks?

...Since he technically already 'read' the messages, it wouldn't make any difference he actually DO read it anyway... so...

I think the ducks migrated :( Now there's only swans. Anyways, I'm going back now. Goodnight. - Mingyu

Owh, well, it's already autumn so that was a given right? Wondering about that random message, Wonwoo scrolled back up to read all the other messages, curious to see if there was anything else the man wrote. He never noticed because, he never opened even one of them. He just read them from the notification just to see who it was from, and the moment he saw the name, he would put his phone down.

It's raining. Today sucks. I'll be here as usual. - Mingyu

I made friends with the swan. I think it's the male one. I'm going back now. Goodnight. - Mingyu

Some cat just showed up and slept beside me :3 She's pregnant! Btw, I'm going back. Goodnight. - Mingyu

Cat? He never saw any cat around campus before. And just based on the texts, he never knew there were that many animals at the lake. He only ever saw ducks and frogs. Pregnant cat? That, he would like to see. But since the alpha would be there everyday until nighttime, there was no way he would go anywhere near that place. Maybe, if he was lucky, he could see the cat around the cafes or restaurants? She needed to eat right? Which meant, someone must be feeding her. And his best bet was the ladies working there.

God he was curious.

*****

'Aigoo!' Wonwoo felt someone threw a back hug over him, warming him up from the cold weather. He didn't need to turn around to know it was Jun, who had been complaining about his jacket not being warm enough. They argued about it, and Wonwoo chose to wear it everyday to prove his point but Jun was right, the jacket looked badass, but it was useless. But there was no way he was going to admit that, because then, his friend would be right and would keep on mentioning it forever. Feeling something being inserted into his pockets, Wonwoo realized it was hot packets. 'Just admit the jacket suck.'

'It's warm.'

'Yeah. I thought you're a corpse.' And right after he said that, he got three more heat packs - two from Hansol and another from Minghao. All three of them suddenly commented on the jacket, attacking him mercilessly until he had to admit he made the wrong choices. Glaring at Jun who gave him his silly grin, Wonwoo felt his phone buzzed and quickly looked at it.