Prologue

Author's Note: So this is my Spider-Man fanfiction which I've published on Fanfiction.net and Quotev but I've been wanting to make it more accessible to more people hence why I'm publishing it on here too. Just a warning but this story is an extreme slow burn. Peter doesn't even show up in this story until chapter twenty two I think. I'll try to get this fanfic as up to date as I can but this story's like over a thousand pages long on fanfiction.net so it won't be a while. It's almost up to date on Quotev. The Avengers don't show up for  several chapters either but be patient and I promise it'll be worth it. The Winter Soldier will be making an appearance shortly so I hope that makes up for it.

Full Summary: Emma Rogers, AKA The Viper Assassin, has been under Hydra's thumb for nine long years until the Avengers rescue her from a Hydra base after receiving anonymous intel from the Winter Soldier. She's thrown into a world of freedom which she's never known but with the help of her grandfather, Captain America, she slowly becomes accustomed to her new life until Tony Stark brings up the Sokovia Accords. Emma is caught in the middle of a war as she becomes intent on protecting the man she calls her father and siding with her grandfather. Not to mention she crosses paths with a certain webslinging nuisance that knows just how to push her buttons like no other...what Emma wouldn't give for the days she spent knife fighting with her father in Siberia.

Will cover Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War with AU storylines before Captain America: Winter Soldier and in between The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron. I'm currently writing an AU storyline post Spider-Man: Homecoming but I will be adapting the Avengers: Infinity War storyline to fit my own when the time comes.

Eventual Peter Parker/OC(Extreme SLOW BURN!)

Bucky Barnes/OC father daughter relationship

Steve Rogers/OC father daughter relationship

Peter doesn't show up until Chapter Twenty Two. I just want to emphasize that this is an extreme slow burn story because Emma is a very stubborn person. There's also a lot of character development in this story which is why I waited so long to bring Peter into this story. Her background was very important to me. The only reason I labeled this story as a romance is because there will be a lot of that later on in the story but not for a long time. Just be patient and I promise it'll be worth it.

Trigger Warnings: Just a warning that there will be mentions of rape and child abuse in this story. I'll never go into vivid detail but I just wanted to warn you guys.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Marvel except the ones I make up myself. I also don't own the title of the story or the title of any of the parts which are song names and lyrics. 'Some Things Never Sleep' is a lyric from the song 'Queen of Peace' by Florence + The Machine. Part I's title is 'Long & Lost' by Florence + The Machine. Part II's title is 'Hardest of Hearts' by Florence + The Machine. Part III's title is 'Little of Your Love' by HAIM. I obviously really love Florence + The Machine if you couldn't tell.

Anyways...I hope you enjoy the story.

I'll also post the fanfiction trailer that one of my very kind followers on another website who was so nice in making it because I'm really not that creative. I also don't own the cover art for the story because that was done by another follower on a different website.

Rush Springs, Oklahoma

2005