Chapter Fifty Six

Author's Note: Sorry it took me so long to update, guys. The holidays have been really hectic for me. So I'm just letting you know that this chapter and the next one are Christmas themed. I'll update again tomorrow.

I also want to add that I don't own Breakfast at Tiffany's or any of the characters from the movie. I'm going to put a warning on this chapter too since there's a sexually suggestive comment towards the middle of the chapter. Just be warned.

"Guys, I know it's Christmas break and all of you can't wait to get home to head off on vacation but you need to remember to work on the study guide for the international competition." Mr. Harrington told everyone at the decathlon meeting. It was the last day of school before winter break so they were having one last decathlon meeting before the New Year. Emma and Peter were sitting next to each other on the steps in the now empty cafeteria. The couple were sharing a textbook as they poured over the chapter they were currently reading.

Emma and Peter had been dating for about a week now but to them it felt like they had been dating all along. Well, it wasn't like they had completely become adjusted to this new turn in their relationship but they were becoming more accustomed to a more intimate and romantic side in their relationship at the same time. 

Emma still wasn't used to Peter holding her hand everywhere and telling her how beautiful he thought she looked nor was she used to the way he'd walk her home at night before telling her he loved her and kissing her goodnight. She didn't think she'd ever get used to it but Emma didn't mind that. This newfound intimacy of their relationship was both exciting and unpredictable to her.

Everyone at school seemed to be aware of Emma and Peter's new relationship which was icing on the cake to Emma because she knew it secretly pissed Betty off. Emma loved sneaking smirks at the bitter small blonde. While everyone at school seemed to know that Emma and Peter were official, the same couldn't be said for the Avengers. It was ironic in a way that the Avengers were left in the dark when literally everyone else in the world knew everything. 

The weekend before Emma and Peter had to be very careful around each other at the compound. Emma thought Tony might've been suspicious after spotting her lipstick smeared across Peter's face but he seemed as oblivious as ever. Tony seemed to be way more stupid than she gave him credit for.

Still...all this sneaking around together was fun to Emma.

"I just want you to know that we're not just going all the way to London for fun but we're going there for the international competition. Keep your head in the game." Mr. Harrington continued to lecture them. "The London trip is in February so we've got to be prepared. Okay...now that I've said that maybe we could have a few words from our captain?" Everyone stared at Michelle expectantly and the bored looking girl lazily looked up from her book.

"Right...study and don't mess this up or I'll make sure you'll regret it." Michelle said darkly and Emma smirked. Mr. Harrington laughed nervously.

"She's kidding, guys, but seriously...study." Mr. Harrington told the teenagers before he ended the decathlon meeting. The team members immediately began chatting amongst themselves as Mr. Harrington awkwardly went back to grading papers.

"Do you want to do something tomorrow?" Peter asked Emma softly as he glanced at her. Emma looked up from the textbook curiously.

"Like what?" Emma questioned and Peter shrugged.

"Well, we're going to spend the rest of Christmas break at the compound after Friday so I figured we could do some holiday stuff around the city before we leave." Peter elaborated and Emma raised an eyebrow curiously.