Chapter Thirty Five

Emma had left Peter's apartment early the next morning to freshen up at her and Darcy's townhouse before she left for D.C. She also needed to pick up her suitcase before she left for the trip. Emma had packed a few days ago before this whole mess with the weapon dealers picked up. It was a good thing too because Emma didn't think she would've had time to pack her suitcase if she had waited any longer. They would only be in D.C. for the weekend and would return late Sunday night. Emma was sort of looking forward to the trip and not just because her and Peter would be there on official Viper Assassin and Spider-Man business. No, there was another reason she was looking forward to going.

"Do you have everything packed?" Darcy asked as she walked into Emma's room with her Stark tablet in hand. The blonde had her suitcase sitting next to her bed as she put on the dorky yellow decathlon team blazer. It was the first time she had ever worn the ugly thing and Emma really hoped that it would be the last time. Darcy smirked at the disgusted look on Emma's face as she looked down at the blazer. "Nice blazer." Emma glared at her.

"Don't remind me." Emma said.

"Okay, Steve, today is the day Emma goes on a school trip to D.C." Darcy said into the tablet before she practically shoved it in the blonde's face. Emma gave the brunette an annoyed look. "Remember a couple episodes ago I told you that she joined the decathlon team? Yeah, I was as surprised as you are since it's basically a nerd squad and all. Apparently she joined it for a boy."

"I did not join the team for a boy." Emma hissed at her, looking quite pissed. "I thought he was up to something but I was wrong. That's the end of it. It's too late to back out now." Darcy didn't look like she believed Emma.

"She totally joined the team for a boy." Darcy told the camera. "His name is Peter and she's in love with him. She even spent the night at his house last night...oops probably shouldn't have mentioned that. I imagine you and sleeping beauty over there will probably have to go kill the kid now but don't worry, Stevie, I told Emma that she has to use protection. Emma knows all about safe sex." Emma took a deep breath before looking into the camera.

"I swear, Steve, if you don't come home soon Darcy's going to end up dead." Emma told the camera. "I don't think I have enough patience to last that much longer."

"Well, that's not nice." Darcy commented. "Anyways...Emma's supposed to take a lot of pictures while she's in D.C. so we can all see how her trip went. So let's hope Midtown takes home the cash prize."

"There's no cash prize, Darcy." Emma told the brunette and Darcy gave her a look of bewilderment.

"What? Then why are you guys going?" She questioned and Emma shrugged.

"I don't know...bragging rights?" She suggested and Darcy scoffed.

"Lame." Emma smiled at Darcy in amusement as the brunette decided to wrap up the home video. Emma thought Darcy would give up making all the home movies but she seemed super into it. It was like a fun little project for the otherwise bored brunette.

"So I guess that wraps up another episode of diary of a teenage assassin." Darcy stated. "Tune in next time for when Emma goes to the Homecoming dance. Hopefully her boyfriend Peter will ask her in time and you can finally see your future grandson-in-law." Emma immediately snatched the tablet away from Darcy who glared at her.

"Don't worry, Steve, there's no boyfriend. Darcy's just as crazy as usual." Emma told the camera. "And there's definitely not going to be a Homecoming dance. Not in a million years. Tune in for next time when the police discover the dead body of a loud mouth brunette woman at the bottom of the Hudson river." Emma then ended the video and handed the tablet back to Darcy. Darcy stuck her tongue out at the blonde and Emma just rolled her eyes. Very mature.