Chapter Twenty Nine

A couple of hours later and Emma was fully prepared for her mission. This was a mission, wasn't it? She wanted to find out who Spider-Man was and she wasn't going to let anything get in her way. Other people might've thought she was a bit obsessive about who Spider-Man was but not Emma. To her it was completely logical how interested she was in finding Spider-Man. Emma didn't like not knowing things and she especially didn't like mysteries. Emma needed to determine whether or not Spider-Man would be a threat to her and if he was then she needed to be prepared.

Emma was dressed for the occasion. She wore a navy blue colored midi dress that fell just above her knees. The neckline was somewhat modest but it wasn't conservative either. The straps on her dress were very thin. It seemed like an innocent enough sundress and an appropriate enough dress for a teenager to wear. She paired the dress with a pair of matching keds. Emma applied the full make-up look including winged eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and even a bit of eye shadow to make her look older than she was. Emma was doing everything she could to attract the attention that she needed. Darcy just stared at her from the couch in the living room as Emma walked towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" The brunette asked, raising her eyebrow in curiosity as she looked at the blonde. Darcy had never seen Emma dressed in such a way. Emma almost looked ready for a...date.

"I'm going on a date." Emma told her with a stoic expression on her face. Darcy somehow wasn't buying that. Emma didn't seem like the type to just go out on a date.

"Oh, really? Who with?" Darcy questioned and Emma shrugged.

"He's a really influential drug dealer. We're in love." Emma told her without smiling in the slightest, her tone was flat as she spoke so Darcy could tell that this was just Emma's weird sense of humor.

"Oh, well have fun with that. Tell your boyfriend the drug dealer that I said hi and call me if you need anything." Darcy said as she returned her attention back to the television. It's not like she believed that Emma was getting into any actual trouble. The blonde was a lot more rational than that. Darcy wasn't really sure what Emma was planning but she knew it was best to stay out of her way. It's not like Darcy could even stop her if she wanted.

"See you later." Emma told her and then she was out the door. She hadn't been expecting much resistance from Darcy but that was even less than she expected. It was nice to know that Darcy was probably fine with her doing whatever she needed to. It seemed like they had an understanding. 

This was Emma's plan. She was going to walk down one of the allies in the sketchiest part of Queens, hopefully were a band of creeps were hanging around, and lure them into the dark alley. They'd attack her and threaten her...the usual damsel in distress bullshit and that's when Spider-Twerp would come in to save the day. He would defeat all the attackers and Emma would be so grateful for his help that she would reward him with a hug. Little did he know that she would actually be planting a tracker on his suit. It was red in color so he probably wouldn't even notice it. If he did notice it then it would be too late and Emma would already be able to track him down, pinpointing his exact location and identity.

Emma was pretty proud of her plan although she couldn't take all the credit. She had gotten the idea from a movie Sam made her watch a while back. Deathwish. It was about this guy, played by Charles Bronson, who used to lure criminals by portraying himself as a rich guy that they wanted to mug and when they attacked him, he would kill them on the spot. It was a pretty cool movie, Emma had to admit, so she supposed Charles Bronson, RIP, wouldn't mind her taking the idea from his movie.