Chapter Forty Four

Author's Note: I just want to say that I don't own Casablanca. So I don't technically own any of the dialogue in Emma's dream sequence. It's a weird dream sequence but I figure it's probably okay because Peggy had an even weirder dream sequence in Agent Carter. There's also not any Peter in this chapter but he'll be back next chapter. This chapter just has dream Peter.

It was black and white. That was the first thing she noticed as she looked around the runway outside an airport. Everything seemed to be in black and white and Emma had no idea why. Was this how dog's saw the world? Emma wasn't sure. She turned around to look and saw an old plane on the runway. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before observing the rest of the area. The runway was slick with rain as it appeared to be pouring rain in the cold, dark night. There was something very familiar about this place but Emma just couldn't put her finger on it. Had she been here before?

She looked at the puddle on the runway as she stood there and was surprised to see her own reflection. It wasn't her reflection that surprised her as much as what she was wearing. Emma was wearing a vintage looking dress that went down well past her knees. The skirt of the dress flared out at her waist and it had a rather modest neckline. She also wore a sort of trench coat over the dress and a pair of vintage looking T-Strap Mary Jane heels. She couldn't tell what color any of her clothing was due to the black and white nature of her sight. The whole outfit was paired off with a fedora hat much like the one she had seen her grandmother wearing in many pictures. What the hell was going on?

It was then that a vintage, classic looking car pulled up next to her and she looked at the car strangely. The car stopped and it wasn't a moment later that Ned, Peter, and Liz Allan all came out of the car. It wasn't their appearance so much as what they were wearing that gave Emma some pause. Liz wearing a fashionable winter coat over her very own vintage dress while Ned was dressed in the oddest outfit she had ever seen. He wore some kind of uniform with military looking badges decorating it with an even weirder looking formal hat.

However, it was Peter that caused her to stare the most. He was wearing an expensive looking winter coat over what was probably an even more expensive suit. Emma could see him wearing a tie much like the one he had been wearing at the dance. Peter was also wearing shoes that were much more popular in the forties than they were now but who really knew with all the fashion hipsters were coming up with? He topped the outfit off with a fedora hat similar to her own. It was when she saw all three of them dressed in those outfits that she realized what this was.

This was Casablanca...in a weird gender bent sort of way. It seemed like Emma was experiencing an out of body sort of thing as her body moved on it's on accord over to Ned. Emma was assuming that he was Louis who was Claude Rains' character in the movie.

"Ned, have Miss Jones go with Miss Allan and take care of her luggage." Emma ordered Ned as the words seemed to flow out of her mouth naturally. This was the weirdest sort of dream she ever had.

"Certainly, Emma, anything you say." Ned said formally before walking over to Michelle who was dressed in an outfit similar to him. Emma mentally raised an eyebrow at her formal looking friend. Yeah...this was beyond any dream she had before.

"Find Ms. Allan's luggage and put it on the plane." Ned told Michelle who saluted him.

"Yes, sir." Michelle said submissively before running off to do as she was told. This dream wasn't the most realistic. There was no way in hell Michelle would be okay with Ned ordering her around. The dark haired girl would tell him to go to hell if he had. Michelle then stopped in front of Liz. "This way." She told her before gesturing for her to follow. Liz gave them all an unsure look before she walked off. Peter barely spared her a glance before looking back at Emma.