Chapter Fifty Five

Author's Note: Sorry it's taken me so long to update this story on Quotev and Wattpad. I've just been busy with other things but I'll try and have a more frequent update schedule. Believe it or not, this version of the story still isn't caught up to date with the version on FF.

Emma examined herself in the mirror in her bedroom, feeling a hundred different emotions but mostly just feeling nervous. Friday night was here but it wasn't just any Friday night...no, it was the night of Emma and Peter's first official date. Emma would've been happy going on another mission with Peter which would've been just as fun to her. She didn't get why they had to go out and do mushy things like Tony and Pepper. 

Emma hoped Peter didn't think she was the kind of girl that giggled at every joke he told or swooned over him. She also hoped Peter didn't show up to the house with a bouquet of flowers because if he did then she was going to slam the door in his face. Emma would make the compromise of going out with him on a date and she'd even hold hands with him but flowers is where she drew the line. Kissing Peter wasn't really a compromise for her since she actually really enjoyed that. She enjoyed that more than she'd ever admit.

"Aw...Em. Look at you, all dressed up and pretty for your boyfriend." Darcy teased and Emma turned to look at the brunette. Emma wanted to roll her eyes at the sight of Darcy who was holding up her Stark tablet, obviously filming this like she always did. Great...just what Steve needed to see. 

Emma heading out on a date. 

A part of Emma never wanted to tell Steve about her dating Peter because she didn't want to give him the satisfaction. Emma had told him once that she'd never date or fall in love and look where she was now. However, she knew he'd be happy for her. It's not like she'd really be able to hide it from him when he came back anyways. Especially if Darcy was filming everything.

"Leave me alone." Emma grumbled and Darcy just smirked.

"In case you weren't aware, Steve, Emma's finally gotten herself a boyfriend." Darcy said, talking to the tablet. "Believe it or not she finally confessed her undying love to Peter and it turns out he feels the same. They're dating for real this time and it seriously took them long enough."

"He's taking Emma out on their first date tonight so you know it's going to be really cute. That's why Emma's all dressed up." Darcy said before continuing to ramble and Emma tried not to be annoyed at the woman. She was about to go out with Peter and she didn't want Darcy to put her in a less than pleasant mood. "I just realized that this is going to be the first time you'll be seeing what Peter looks like. Well, you technically met him at the airport but I swear you'll like him way more this time. He's a cute kid...sort of dorky but in a hot way. Like he's super nerdy but really hot at the same time. Kind of like Bruce."

"Can you please refrain from telling my grandfather how hot my boyfriend is?" Emma deadpanned as she fought the urge to glare at the brunette. "It's also kind of creepy that a grown woman's talking about how hot a teenage boy is." Darcy just smirked at her.

"Relax, Emma. I'll keep my hands to myself." Darcy teased. "There's no need to lock me inside a locker with a bunch of snakes. Peter's safe from me. I'll just let Steve ask you about that one on his own. Trust me, Steve, it's a super funny story." Emma rolled her eyes before turning back to the mirror to apply some mascara to her eyelashes.

"You're hilarious, Darcy." Emma said sarcastically but Darcy ignored her.

"I'm just going to pan the camera down a bit so you can see Emma's outfit. I just can't believe she's going on her first date. Your little girl's growing up so fast, Steve." Darcy said as she then panned the camera up and down, showing off Emma's outfit.