Chapter Forty: Part I

Emma and Peter managed to locate Aaron Davis to a parking garage in Queens and after locating the small time drug dealer, they both decided to change and get ready for a confrontation with the man. Once they were fully geared up in their respective suits Emma and Peter devised a plan on how to get information from the man. It wasn't anything original but more of the traditional "Good Cop, Bad Cop" routine. Peter made Emma promise not to kill the man and she reluctantly made the promise. Emma still couldn't believe that Peter was actually using the Enhanced Interrogation Protocol. He sounded completely ridiculous to her. Maybe if he looked more like Batman with the Enhanced Interrogation Protocol she might take him more seriously but it seemed kind of ridiculous when he was wearing a bright red and blue suit. She was amused that he was trying so hard to be intimidating but it was just impossible to find Peter intimidating. Emma thought he was cute for trying so hard though. Cute...that was a word she had always hated to use but Emma was starting to make an exception when Peter was involved.

The plan was for Peter to approach the drug dealer first when he started walking to his car and once Peter had him distracted Emma would make her entrance and surprise him. Hopefully by seeing the both of them there the drug dealer would become intimidated enough to just give up all the information he had. If not then Emma had some other back-up tactics she could use. None that involved his death of course but Emma needed to have a back-up plan just in case this one didn't work and she had a feeling that it wouldn't. Peter wasn't scary enough to spook even a amateur drug dealer. It was okay that he wasn't scary because Peter didn't need to be scary in the long run. Emma was clearly going to be the scary one in this partnership and that was all they needed. Peter didn't need to be scary because, even though it was hard for her to admit, Peter was a lot stronger than her not to mention he had the webshooters and he may have even been just a tiny bit more agile than her. Emma guessed that they balanced each other out in those ways which was nice.

Emma was currently hiding behind a cement pillar in the parking garage as she waited for her signal. It turned out that Peter's suit wasn't the only one that had a mini drone. Apparently Stark had equipped her suit with it's own little drone which was the weirdest drone she had ever seen. The drone was in the form a small snake and latched itself off her suit, slithering over to Aaron Davis's car. Emma wrinkled her nose in disgust as she watched the drone slither because ironically enough Emma hated snakes. The way they slithered and looked around at the world with that dead stare in their eyes creeped her out. Emma had even killed many snakes when she was in the Amazon and they had been everywhere down there. It was just another reason to hate the Amazon. She also thought her dislike of snakes had to do with what happened in the tank when she received the injections. As a child she had thought the tubing that went into her arms when she received the injections looked like snakes so when she had nightmares the tubing was replaced by actual snakes biting into her flesh. Emma still had that nightmare from time to time but every time she saw a snake she felt the familiar wave of disgust and fear wash over her. It really was ironic that she was the Viper Assassin when she hated snakes.

Emma peeked around the pillar and watched as Peter landed on the ground from the ceiling without even making a sound. She was actually a bit impressed that he had been able to do that. Emma could see that she had severely underestimated him. Peter immediately stood up from his crouched position and held out his wrist in the drug dealer's direction as the man in question was putting groceries in the trunk of his car. Without hesitation Peter shot his webbing at the felon, the webbing immediately gluing the man's hand to the trunk of the car. The man looked around in confusion as Peter walked towards the man. Not bad at all, Emma thought to herself. He had some real potential.

"Remember me?" Peter asked in his distorted voice. Emma sighed heavily as she heard the ridiculous sounding distortion in his voice. Okay...she kind of took that back. That Enhanced Interrogation Protocol was the most stupid thing Emma had ever seen and she definitely didn't think it would win Peter any favors either. The drug dealer looked surprised at Peter being there as he stumbled back a bit.