Chapter Forty Eight: Part II

Author's Note: Here's another update. I mostly just wanted to let you guys know that I made an alternate universe fanfic to this one called 'Matter of Time'. It's a Tom Holland fanfic about him and the actress who plays Emma. I just needed a quick vacation from 'Some Things Never Sleep' and 'Matter of Time' is just such a blast to write. I'm only about five chapters in so it's still a work in progress.

"I don't get it. How is it that you're the one who's mad at me?" Peter said angrily as he followed Emma into the recreational area of the compound. It was on the third floor of the compound complete with a huge living room/entertainment area and fully equipped kitchen. Pepper and Darcy were really the only ones who used the kitchen these days. Steve used to use it pretty frequently but he was long gone. Emma turned around to glare at Peter, not believing that he was seriously acting offended when all he'd done in the past two weeks was waste her time. Emma was starting to consider it a waste of time training him if he wouldn't even fight back.

"Are you kidding me?" Emma asked in disbelief. The pair were so entwined in their little quarrel that they failed to notice two other Avengers occupying the living room area. Rhodey and Vision both sat on the couch as they watched a movie but their view soon became obstructed as the two teenagers stood in front of the television screen. 

The two Avengers looked up in surprise at the tense stances of Emma and Peter but in all honesty they weren't that surprised. They had spent enough time around the two teenagers that the bickering between them because a bit notorious around the compound. Rhodey didn't think he had ever seen two people bicker that much in his lifetime. Not even Tony and Pepper argued that much.

"You were unnecessarily rough." Peter told her as he crossed his arms and Emma scoffed.

"Rough? I wasn't rough." Emma denied and Peter shook his head in disbelief.

"Y-You kneed me d-down there!" Peter exclaimed as he struggled with his embarrassment at Emma kicking him in a very private place. Emma rolled her eyes, not believing he was being this dramatic.

"Don't be a five year old, Parker." Emma told him heatedly. "Are you seriously going to cry because I kicked you in the balls? Are you still sore down there? Sorry, I guess little Peter's not going to get any attention from your hand tonight." 

Rhodey's eyes widened in surprise as he heard the vulgar bluntness coming from Emma's mouth. He wasn't used to hearing her be that vulgar but then again Emma hadn't lived at the compound for a while. Steve never tolerated that kind of behavior when he lived there but since he wasn't there anymore...

"Woah, woah, kids." Rhodey said as he tried to intervene while Vision just watched the altercation curiously. "Let's be appropriate about this. No need for that kind of language." 

However, the older man went ignored as Peter and Emma continued to glare at each other. Peter blushed beet red from both anger and embarrassment at the words that had come from Emma's mouth.

"Why are you so disgusting sometimes?!" Peter exclaimed, completely livid. "You can't just say things like that!" Emma narrowed her eyes at the brown eyed boy.

"I can do whatever the hell I want. Don't tell me what to do." Emma said venomously and Peter groaned in frustration as he ran his hands over his face before looking back up at her.

"You always twist my words around. That's not what I said...I'm not telling you what to do."

 Peter argued back while the two Avengers sitting on the couch could only watch in intrigue as the pair in front of them bickered. In all honesty they had never met someone that had the balls enough to argue with Emma without backing down. Probably Steve but Steve was Emma's grandfather, after all.