WEEK TWO: Monday (Yuzuru)

I woke up to my phone buzzing with a message from Seryou.

Good morning~

It was Monday. Another new week, and I was still waking up to his texts. I was deliriously happy. I shot him a quick message back, wishing I knew how to make that little heart thingy he was always using. Maybe I could ask Yuriko, she'd know.

I sat up in bed, stretching and yawning, and thinking about the miracle that yesterday had been. The day had started out absolutely miserable, and ended in the best date ever. Though I was a little embarrassed, remembering how I had pounced on Seryou last night. I'd even given him a kiss mark, which was not something I had ever done, ever ever, to anybody. He hadn't seemed bothered by it, but I was.

I'd never been that rough with anyone before. I hadn't meant to be, it's just that I'd been kind of out of my mind right then. Thinking about him and Shino having sex, not just once but a bunch of times, and the snotty look she'd given me right before she'd stepped into his arms, and the way he'd shown up at my house when I wouldn't answer his calls. Thinking about how he'd sat across from me in that restaurant and confessed all the things he'd done that he clearly thought were unforgivable, and the way he'd said if you stay with me as if he thought I'd be repulsed now that I knew... And then knowing all of it came down to what a kind, sensitive person he was, and how his quiet strength and loving nature made me want to wrap him up and become his safe place so that no one could ever hurt him again.

And somehow, because I was an idiot, that translated to me slamming him into the wall of an alley and kissing him so hard he'd ended up bruised. The only thing that kept me from feeling like a complete asshole was that he had seemed to like it. The sounds he made and his hands in my hair, and the way he kept looking at me while we were at Sky Garden like he was wishing I would do it all over again. What a masochist.

Still. I didn't know what I was doing. I hadn't had much experience with this kind of stuff, and I'd never had someone make me feel the way that he did, so I was just bulldozing my way through it. I needed to get a grip. It was a new week, and he was still my boyfriend, so I was going to start getting it right from now on.

I jumped out of bed and into the shower.

When I got to the train station by school he was there, propped against the wall by the gift shop. There were a couple girls hovering around him, but even that wasn't going to ruin my mood today. He broke into a smile when he saw me and I went jogging over to him.

"Hey, good morning."

"Good morning," he replied, eyeing me up and down. "You're really cheerful. I guess you got some sleep?"

"Thanks to you." I noticed he had his shirt buttoned all the way to his neck and his tie properly in place, in contrast to his usual rebellious, half undone style. My attention fell to his collar, which I knew was hiding the mark I'd given him. He caught me looking and raised a hand to his neck, giving me a secretive grin.

This made the girls giggle, and a flash went off as one of them snapped a picture. I was annoyed at first. But you know what? What the hell. I put an arm around Seryou's shoulders and hugged him into me. "If you guys are going to take pictures you should let us pose properly," I said, and held up a V finger-sign. They squealed and clicked away with their phones.

It was Seryou who put up a hand after a minute. "Okay, Kobayashi-chan, Sato-chan, that's enough. We have to get to school, today's the first day of school festival. Don't you all have stuff to do?"

They made disappointed mewing sounds, but he shooed them away and turned to me. "What was all that about? You usually hate that kind of attention, especially first thing in the morning."