WEEK THREE: Thursday (Yuzuru)

I took a quick break from cleaning the whiteboard to check my phone.

I know you're in detention, but make sure you eat something.

I set down the cleaning cloth and typed a reply. You're the one who needs to eat, nurse said so

Eating now. How does your nose feel?

       Like it's been hit by a basketball

:( I can't believe that Tanaka guy. I'd like to give him a taste of his own medicine.

        Stay away from him, I answered in alarm. Tanaka could snap Seryou in half without breaking a sweat.

Aw, you worried about me?

         I don't want you anywhere near him
         Promise me

I don't want you near him either.

         Promise
         I'm serious

Yes, Senpai :P

"Shino! You gonna help me with this or what? You're the reason we got detention, you know."

Sato was glaring at me, so I put my phone back in my pocket and went to grab another spray bottle to help clean the classroom windows. I moved to the window next to hers and sprayed it down. She looked over at me, and seemed somewhat mollified.

"Your face looks better."

I hummed acknowledgement.

"I've never seen that much blood in my life. It's a wonder you didn't pass out."

I chuckled. "People don't pass out from bloody noses."

"It's possible. But anyway, I'm glad you're okay." She wiped the window a bit more, then paused. "Tanaka is an ass."

"I agree."

"But..." she turned to me. "You and Seryou-kun need to cool it with the freaky bromance vibes. It's gross."

"Your little sister doesn't think so," I reminded her.

"Kira is a ditz," she replied, rolling her eyes. "Real life gay stuff is disgusting."

I lowered the cloth in my hands. "Why?"

"What do you mean, why? Men are supposed to be with women."

"Who says?"

She gave me an exasperated stare. "Nature says. Man plus woman makes cute little babies. Man plus man just makes..." She couldn't seem to come up with a way to finish the sentence.

"Butt sex?"

"Ew, Shino!" She clapped her hands over her ears. "Oh my god!"

"What?" I wasn't saying I disagreed.

Well, obviously I did a little. It was definitely possible to fall for someone regardless of their gender. I didn't see anything wrong with that. It's just that she wasn't the only one weirded out by the butt sex concept. Funny how hard it was to talk about sexual things around Seryou, but it was a piece of cake when it wasn't me I was talking about. "Gay guys aren't the only ones who do it. What if you had a boyfriend who wanted to try it? Would that make it okay, since you're a girl?"

Her face had turned bright red. "You... you pervert!"

I hadn't meant to upset her, I actually really wanted to know the answer. Did butt sex seem as weird to girls as it did to me? Or, for them, was it basically not that different from the regular kind? I was going to ask, but her hand cracked across my already bruised face and it hurt too much to remember the question.