WEEK FOUR: Wednesday (Yuzuru)

The terror in Seryou's eyes made my heart sick. He already had so much weighing on him, the drama with his brother and Shino, his parents' impending return, the boundaries I kept creating between us—and then changing, apparently—not to mention this week's near-suspension and the school's no-contact orders that I kept encouraging us to defy. I didn't know how I was going to fix this, but I had to act fast before Yuriko's friends plastered the photos they'd taken all over the internet.

I stalked down the hall and shoved my sister's bedroom door open. Yuriko was sitting at her desk on her pink notebook computer, typing away in a chat window. I hadn't let her leave with her friends when I'd kicked them out. You'd think she'd have been pissed that I'd interfered with her sleepover plans, but I guess she didn't care as long as she could still gossip about what they'd just witnessed. I marched over and slammed the computer closed.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?"

She didn't even frown. Instead, she sprang to her feet and threw her arms around my waist. "Yuzu-nii! I knew it, I knew you and Touji-san were together! I'm so happy!"

I pushed her off of me. "Why are you here? Why were your friends here? You said you were staying at someone's house."

She grinned and bounced her eyebrows. "Well, I was going to, but I showed them your pictures and they wanted to meet you, so we decided to stop by real quick. I had no idea you and Touji-san were going to be doing... that. Next time you can tell me, and I'll—"

"Next time my ass. You think this is a game?"

"Of course not! It's looove!"

"This is not a goddamn romance novel, you birdbrain!" I bellowed.

She had the nerve to reach up and pinch my cheeks, wagging my head back and forth. "Oh, but you guys are so cute! You have to tell me how it happened. Who confessed first? Have you been on dates? Has it been just torture keeping your love a secret? Is he a good kisser? I want to know everything."

I took her shoulders and shook her until her teeth rattled. I was so angry that my voice had turned to thunder. "Shut up! Do you have any idea what you've done?"

There, that got through to her, and her breezy smile faded. "Yuzu-nii, I know you're mad, but—"

"Houka almost suspended Seryou and me this week because of that fucking website. If your numbskull friends share those pictures of us we could get expelled. Expelled, do you understand?"

The color drained from her face. "What?"

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. "You have to get them to delete those pictures. Please, Yuriko, this could be really, really bad."

She crossed her arms, looking both uncertain and a little defensive. "Houka can't expel you for being gay."

"They can, but they don't have to. They'll just say they're doing it because we broke their no-dating rule."

She pointed her index finger in glee. "Aha! So you admit you're dating him!"

"You think I make out half-naked on my bed with all my friends?"

She scrunched her nose like she was trying to decide whether to be thrilled, or grossed out.

"Yes, Seryou is my boyfriend. And he's really, really important to me. But so are you and Mom. And if I get expelled a month before the university entrance exams, what do you think is gonna happen? How do you think Mom will take it?"

"Oh, shit," she said slowly. Then she spun around and opened her computer up again, scooting into her chair. "Don't worry, I'm on it, big bro. My friends are cool people, you know. If you'd ever take the time to actually talk to them you'd see."