WEEK SEVEN: Sunday→Monday Morning (Yuzuru)

***A/N: Okay, my friends, if you've made it this far and haven't yet realized that this final chapter is going to be the absolute *definition* of NSFW, I don't know what to tell you. Find yourself a reading spot that's uninterrupted and private, because this is also the longest chapter of the story yet. You can thank me later. ***

💋❤️💋

"You sure this," I waved my slice of pizza at Seryou, "is okay with you? I didn't know what kind of toppings you liked, so..."

"It's great," he said, covering his mouth with a hand while he spoke. "I've never had eggplant on pizza before."

"Good, right?" I had always liked the spongey texture. Combined with the spiciness of the sausage and the richness of cheese, it was the best. "Eggplants are good for a lot of things besides texting, you know."

He snorted around a mouthful of pizza. I inspected my food thoughtfully. "I wonder why somebody decided an eggplant emoji should mean a dick? If a real dick looked like that, the dude would need serious medical help."

Seryou laughed again, nearly choking on a sip of soda. "You're right about that."

"Maybe I'll ask Grandfather, he might know why. And hey, do girls really look like peaches down there? 'Cause the website I found said that you use the peach emoji for—"

"Oh my god," Seryou said, reaching over to stick a slice of pizza in my mouth. "You better stop right now."

"Why?" I mumbled around the food. I did take a bite, though, because it was delicious. "You don't wanna tell me?"

"Maybe I don't want you thinking about girls that way," he said, black eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Well, just 'cause I asked the question doesn't mean I actually want to know," I said, a little offended.

He looked at me.

"What?"

Shaking his head, he took another sip of his drink. "Yuzuru-san, there is no one in the world like you."

I wasn't sure if that was a compliment. But he said it with a smile, so he probably meant it in a nice way. And at least he seemed more like his usual self now. When I first got here he'd been all tense and jumpy. I was still mad at Natsuki for leaving him by himself. Was his brother some kind of idiot?

"How did your studying go today?" Seryou asked me.

"Okay, I guess. I'm mostly at the practice exam stage. Practice at home, practice at cram school. Even our regular classes this week are pretty much all exam stuff. I'm gonna be answering multiple choice questions and writing essays in my sleep for the next year."

"Yeah, Natsuki says he still sometimes has dreams about his entrance exams."

"Really? But he's a grown up."

"I guess it's just that big of a deal. I really wish there was some way I could help you with them."

Well, that was easy. "Just knowing I'm gonna get to see you once they're over, that's helping." Then it occurred to me, he hadn't actually said we'd get together afterward. "I can see you, right? Next Sunday night? Mom wants to take me and Yuriko to dinner to celebrate. You gotta come."

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it."

"It doesn't feel right, you being alone all this next week. Your brother's going to stay with you, won't he? You have to promise to tell me if he doesn't."

"I'm not promising that."

My jaw clenched. "Seryou—"

"Because I'm going to be fine," he added gently. "Really. I can handle being on my own. I won't get in the way of your studies."