Virgil (Ch.5)

"... and cakes, and pies, and muffins, and..." Patton already bouncing on the walls and just the thought of making new friends. He is just too sweet. 

"We get it, Patton, you baked." Logan seemed like he was already trying to calculate just how much all those ingredients just cost them. He did not look happy. " What I do not understand is how you, Patton, could have made such a surplus of sweets with the limited supplies we had. Seeing as how we cut your allowance, due to bad spending habits, I must ask how you managed to get more."

Patton's face deflated. I wonder when he had the time to make all these things. I didn't really want to find out though. So while Patton was trying to explain it to Logan, I lead the everyone else to the meeting room. Well, correction I lead everyone to Roman's room, he leads everyone else to the meeting room. For some reason, it is in his castle, don't ask me why. Eventually, the other two joined us at the table. And as expected, Patton got away with whatever he did. Logan such a big softie when it comes to Pat.

"Ok so, I hope you don't mind but I am going to keep notes on the meeting. Notes are an essential tool for backtracking and memory. I always take notes if possible, ergo I will be taking notes now as well." Elphie and her two friends just nodded, while I was just thinking, to say that much just to ask to take notes... Why? It's not efficient Logan. "Alright then... Would you mind repeating what you need assistance with?"

"We needed to find Draak" Elphie was the first to speak, probably the only one whos going to because the others look too tired to think properly.

"Wait you mean that super shy kid I met like 4 years ago? He didn't even seem to talk. Why would you need help looking for him? Wasn't he your apprentice or something?" I didn't even think he remembered that. It was so long ago.  He kinda also looked a bit angry... And that worries me. Elphie just looked confused.

"Wait... You spoke with him?" Elphie's question was obviously directed at me. Though it doesn't seem like anyone caught on to it... Which is good I really don't want to have to explain. Roman just kept going on about how could that shy kid he met so long ago actually help. Why would they even need to find him? After a while, I just zoned everything out. That was until the younger women spoke up.

"Look I appreciate you looking out for him, but that... kid... is capable of so much more then you realize..."I was sick and tired of this... They were talking about me, about using me. I would think that I had some decision in all of this. I didn't even let her finish before I slammed my hands on the table. It was so loud it made everyone jump. Roman, he even fell out of his chair.

"Why?" It was all I said at first. Though I think Elphie understood my question. Why was she here? Why was she looking for me? Why now? 

"Because we need his help." Everyone else seemed to drown away till it was only me and her talking.

"With what?"

"The nightmares." Of course. 

"What happened."

"They attacked Glinda's base." Shit.

"Marcos?" All she did was shake his head. Damn it, I told him that Elphie could handle herself. I told him I had a bad feeling. I told him not to go... 

"So what do you need him to do?" And just like that really came back and hit me like a war hammer. Logan was trying to get any information possible to put in the notes and the constant back and forth between Elphie and me, it was obvious they were missing a piece of the story. Realization showed on the faces of the other two witches as they put the pieces together. They probably thought they were coming here to get us to help find him... Not that He was in fact here.

"I'm sorry but I really need to know what you plan on having Draak do. My decision on the matter rests solely on that. So if you could tell me... You know... For the notes." There was no denying the anger I had. It laced every word I spoke, filling the room and making the air denser. I knew what was happening, I didn't mean it. My Magik is powered by emotions. The stronger the emotion the stronger the spellwork. I, however, don't need chant of spellwork for magik to happen. And that... Can be very dangerous.

"Anxiety!" Elphie voice shocked me out of my thoughts. She only ever yelled at me when I did something wrong. Though I think this time it was just to give me something to focus on. Less of an emotional rampage then. 

"Sorry." I tried to let my voice crack when I said that but I know it did. They excepted it though. The other side, however, they were just really confused.

"Anyway to answer your question. We need his help fighting them... on the front lines." Everyone just went silent. Just staring at Elphie, who currently had was looking at her hand, not want to look me in the eyes. I, however, knew this was going to happen. After all, she did spend every waking moment with me teaching me how to control my magik and fight with it. She never wanted to but after what happened with the one nightmare she... she couldn't deny it anymore.

Roman just went on a rampage after that. Well him and Patton, even though he "didn't know him" he is a parent character he would never willingly put people in harm's way. So they were fighting with the younger girl, who was refusing to let Elphie actually say anything. Elphie was trying to calm everyone down while Logan was taking notes. The elder woman just sat and watched obviously not amused by all the commotion

"Fine."Dead silence. Everyone even Logan surprised by my sudden answer. Of course Roman still refusing to back down. "I said fine... I'll help." Roman just looked defeated. He really didn't want to have to go out find someone only to have them probably die on the battlefield. If he only knew, huh. 

Oh my god... 

What did I just get my self into?