Virgil (Ch.10)

AN~ Last time on BroKen

Virgil went over the specialties of Magik...

Yep, that was basically all that happened so...

That's what you missed on, "ME"!

(Also the pic above is what Patton was looking at below so yeah... It took me hours to complete... A lot longer then it prob should have lol )

(Also... again, lol... I hate trying to do Cherry blossom trees lol)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Anyway, the whole premise of that sleep spell was for the Dreamer to make the subject calmly fall asleep so they don't have to suffer, whether it be physical or mental trauma. cool huh? I thought so. I mean I can still do A LOT with my magik but the whole thing of making wishes and dreams a reality and pulling things out of dreams and sleep spells, I thought that was kinda cool.  

I walked out of the classroom only to bump into Roman. Who, did not look happy to see me. Does he really not like me. Is he that upset at me? I don't understand why he's being like this.

"Sorry." The word hardly even leaving his lips as he turned to avoid looking at me. Did I do something... Is that what I don't remember? If I did something to hurt him, why hasn't he done anything? Normally if I fuck up he's the first one to say something. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" He slowly lifted his head toward me but still refused to meet my eyes. I mean dude at least look at me. I know we had that fight but... Please... I  gave up, looked down at my shoes, and just walked away. I had to start packing anyway. Logan said he had finished his pre-planning and insisted he does the rest at the vale so he can get an accurate reading on the situation and plan accordingly. Patton's just happy to see more of Thomas's mind. And... I have to do something... For Marcos.

I literally had packed my entire room up by lunch... There really wasn't much in it and we are going to be there indefinitely so yeah... I can't wait to be back in my old place... I missed it. As much as I love it here, and I do love it here, the vale was calm. I could be myself and there wasn't any backlash. People, there could be a cooky or crazy or insane as they wanted and that was fine.  Everyone was accepted and supported, by the entire community and It was... nice. I am a bit worried though. What if they don't like it? What if Patton gets homesick? What if Thomas needs us and can't get to us because we aren't in the Mind Palace? What if he's in trouble and we are in the vale and he tries to find us but can't so he gets hurt really bad and ends up in the hospital but we don't know about it because we won't have access to the screening room.

"You okay there kiddo?" I jumped a little as I felt Patton's hand touch my shoulder. I hate that I startle so easily. "You looked like you zoned out." 

"Yeah, I'm ok Dad. Nothing to worry about...Honesty." Patton just sat down at my desk and went through one of my sketchbooks I had yet to put in a box. I didn't know why he wanted to look through it. I wasn't that good. Besides he looks upset himself, I would think he'd want to talk if anyone. 

Patton was currently looking at one of the pictures with a look that did not fit him. It was like he was focused on finding something in it that he kind of well... looked like Logan. I didn't like that. Not that I don't like Logan or anything like that. It's just the look doesn't fit right for Patton. And I am 100% sure that Logan would agree. In fact, he would probably take the book away from him at this point.

 "Where did you paint this one?" He turned the book around to show me a painting of cherry blossom trees and a bench. The was a painting of mine and Marcos's spot. We even put our initials on the bench. Hey, we cared a lot about each other. I just... never mind. The point is, That placement a lot to me so I did a painting of it. Although I never could get the blossoms right. I went so far as to staple the whole thing and it still didn't work. It frustrated me so much but, I wanted to finish it for... for Marcos.

"Uh... well.." I could see him start to frown. He was expecting me to say the garden but he knows he doesn't have those types of trees. "They were at my home... when I wasn't... here."

Why was it so difficult to get out. It wasn't like I was lying or anything. And They are going to see it. Our spot wasn't hidden at all. It was right at the entrance in fact. Elphaba wants the entrance to the base to be as beautiful and inviting as it could be. The vale in itself feels cold and lifeless so it the job of the Bases to add some "warmth" to it. I personally like the western base, not only because it was my home for roughly five years, but because of all the colors and flowers... and animals. The Northern base is mostly green and yellows made with bricks and stuff honestly Glinda had made an exact replica of her home from the wizard of Oz. Well... not an EXACT replica but pretty fucking close.  

But the Western base has fields of wildflowers littered everywhere. Cherry blossom trees lining every entrance to the base.  Fountains and one beautiful waterfall at the eastern edge. Elphaba even went so far to give us our own Aurora Borealis. She even put echo flowers everywhere, I mean they don't actually echo because that would end up being VERY annoying after awhile but still... We have them. They are actually my favorite flower there, so blue and glowy. And if you put it in red water it will turn purple. So cool right?

Patton was still looking at the picture intensely. I went to go grab it from him going so far as to grab the book before Patton looked back up at me. You didn't have to be an Illusionist to see past his mask at this point. It was hardly even there. Patton was upset, and not just your normal "who ate my cookies" upset. No, he was on the verge of crying. Patton hates crying.

"Anx... Kiddo, how well do you know Elphaba?" She took care of me.

"She's just a friend."

"How did you meet her?" When I got lost and had passed out from an attack, she found me.

"During a walk."

"Anx... Why did you leave?" Because I couldn't stand making you so sad... so worried... so sick.

"I needed a break...  from everything."

"Where did you go." The vale with Elphaba... and Marcos.

"Nowhere really. I just was."

"Why for so long." I was too scared to come back. I thought you hated me.

"I don't know."

"Then... Why'd you come back?" I... I came back cause...

"She told me to try."