Chapter 30: The pain gets stronger

The skin grew on my wings and some of the feathers started to grow, but I still had some ways to go before I could fly. I did still feel pain but it was even worse probably, because of the feathers coming in but it hurt like hell. I went to go on a walk to get some fresh air but I felt someone behind me, I go to go look behind me and I see Nick. I pulled out my knife and I was ready to attack but Nick walked closer to me and I felt something come up my throat. I went to go throw my knife at him but he pinned me to a tree, I wanted to get my other knife but he had my hands pinned to the tree. Not only that he had me pinned on my wings that were still growing and were in a lot of pain when he pinned me to the tree. Marissa saw of what was going on and was pissed off, but Marissa heard something come passed her head and saw that is was the knife that I threw was coming back and hit Nick in the back of his spine. Nick disappeared after that happened, I came off the tree and I looked over at Marissa who was staring at me I went to go walk over to her as I still felt the pain coming from my still growing wings. As we walked home I heard something at least I thought I did, so we continued walking until we saw the house and walked in I laid on the living room couch. I heard someone come up from behind me as I was laying on my stomach on the couch I said: "Ben is that's you bloody hell I swear I will make sure that you will not see the light of day." It was Eyeless Jack I looked up at him and Eyeless Jack saw that I was in pain Eyeless Jack said "come on follow me" Eyeless Jack held out his hand for me to grab onto, I followed him to his room.

As I walked into his room Eyeless Jack told me to sit in the middle of his bed and I did so, I was thinking that he was somehow going to ease the pain in my wings that I was feeling. Eyeless Jack had his door closed but not all the way there was a crack in the door that I could still see the hallway. Eyeless Jack said, "I'm going to have you take off your shirt and umm......." I knew what Eyeless Jack meant so I took off my shirt and bra hoping that Ben would come bursting through the door. Eyeless Jack grabbed some sort of cream off his dresser and got on his bed and sat behind me, I said: "what is that EJ?" Eyeless Jack said "it's a soothing cream it will help your pain that you feel in your wings." It felt cold when he went to go put it on my back Eyeless Jack said, "you okay sis?" I said "yeah it's just cold" Eyeless Jack continued to put the cream on my back until Ben came in the room. Ben said "hey Eyeless Jack can I borrow your---" Ben froze when he saw me with Eyeless Jack with no shirt or bra on Ben then looked at me. I said "Ben get out..." Ben could tell that I was pissed off at him so he turned around and walked away.