Chapter 44: Trail of feathers

Few weeks have passed and my wounds were all healed up I walked around the mansion as I was walking around I go to look behind me and saw that my loose feathers were on the floor, the pain in my head however I still have. It was the time for my old feathers to fall off and my new feathers to grow in, I walked into Ben while I was walking around in the mansion and I could still tell that Ben wouldn't look me in the eyes. Ben didn't say anything so I walked outside and stretched my wings and decided to fly around for a bit since it was nice outside as I was in the air my feathers were falling off more since the wind was pushing on them. I landed on a tree branch to take a break I saw something in the distance when I was sitting up in the tree I could see that it was a cage. I decided to go have a look at the cage as my feathers still come off my wings, once I got closer to the cage I could instantly tell that something was off about it since it was just sitting here 'hunters could be nearby and are probably looking for me'. I made sure that I was careful of where I stepped as I was walking away from the cage I hear footsteps coming closer to me and not knowing who it was I pulled out my knife. I was ready to attack the person that was coming closer to me but once they came into my view I saw that it was Ben I said "hey Ben what brings you out here" Ben said "I-I have come to bring you home Jeff is worried about you" I walked back home with Ben as we were walking back I felt the sharp pain in my head. I go to place my hand on my head and hoped that Ben wouldn't turn around to see me in pain like this we finally reached the mansion as I walked in the door everything went black and I fell to the ground. The only thing I heard was someone yelling for me and that was it when I woke up I looked around to see of where I was and it was Jeff's room even though he's nowhere to be found.

I look over at my arm and saw that there was a needle inside I go to sit up carefully and I hear a knock on the door I told them to come in and it was Jeff, he walked over to me and put his hand on my forehead. Jeff said "you are running a fever which is why you collapsed when you walked in the doors," I said, "as for the pain in my head?" Jeff said, "Slender is keeping an eye on it since it's getting worse". I nodded my head slightly since the pain is still in my head I tried to keep my mind occupied by reading books or taking a nap Jeff came in and saw that I was asleep and covered me up with a blanket. Some hours pass and Ben comes to check on me to see how I am doing and saw that there were a lot of loose feathers in the floor from my wings that are on my back.