Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

I sat in my room, now thankful for the privacy I had as the staff of the games had reattached all the doors back to the appropriate rooms and no one could go peaking into them anymore.

I wasn't even exaggerating. Yesterday some snobby girl poked her head into the room to stare at Carter as he laid in his bed shirtless since he doesn't go to bed wearing shirts. His words not mine. I even had to argue and negotiate with him that if he were to keep his shirt off he'd have to keep pants on, not just boxers.

After a while I finally got him to agree and had to listen to him complain to me for about an hour before he gave up and lost interest in annoying and whining to me.

The moonlight from outside hit against the science text book I had open before me making it easier to read even though the room lights were on. The thing was, was that I preferred natural light and the moonlight was nice to have. The light in our room was just your everyday yellow light which made the walls look yellow and a yucky cream colour other than the supposed pure white.

I wished I could just turn the lights off and bathe only in the light coming from my right side, but I had to study and it didn't help that one of the lights flickered constantly. Fortunately it was atop of Carter but still annoyed me nonetheless since I could see it in the corner of my eye.

Carter laid on his bed staring up at the ceiling humming to himself and I couldn't help but feel irked to know he wasn't studying as one of these days the test would commence and would be the difference between life or death. The difference between our life or death since the test was specifically made to drag each other down if one was to disappoint.

"Hey Blue," dragged out Carter still staring at the ceiling as I continued to read the chapter based on the human anatomy.

"I'm bored," he whined for the hundredth time in the last hour.

It turns out that Carter has been bored for the past hour and had decided to entertain himself by annoying me. He seemed to have some sort of pleasure seeing me all annoyed and that he got something out of it as if it fuels his life.

Carter had been blubbering nonsense to me and some of it hadn't even made sense. At first I tried blocking him out and made it look like he wasn't getting to me or annoying me, hoping he'd get the hint and stop doing what he was doing since he'd get bored out of that.

But that had only seemed to fuel him on and made him become even more annoying and irritating until I finally snapped towards him and began screaming.

As I read my science book I realised that I didn't even remember what I had said to him. I only had little glimpses of me screaming in annoyance at him. I remember telling him that he was an annoying shit, that he talks more than a donkeys snorting, that he spits more than a llama, and that I had also told him that if he didn't shut up that I'd shove a pole up his ass.

The only response that I had got out of him which irritated me more was the amused smile which then turned into a smirk and he hummed mhmm to me before looking back up to the ceiling.

He had a triumph look on his face which made me clench my jaw and for my fists to tighten, but I forgot that I was in the middle of turning a page, so the page became crinkled and it even teared with a loud tear noise echoing through the quiet room.

I swore under my breath and saw in the corner of my eye that Carter smiled even more amused that he had really gotten under my skin and I had to refrain myself from getting up and going to him, ripping out his hair, especially the ones that laid in his eyes since they blocked his vision, my vision to his mesmerising green eyes.