Chapter 2 { seeing you again }

Nyla Jones
June 26th,1994
Los Angelos, California

I'm back and better then ever. I graduated Juilliard top of my class last month in May and I haven't been happier. The whole college life was stressful. There was times when I thought I wasn't going to graduate and times where I lost myself in the process but music set me free. I got signed to Blackground Records and recorded music for my first ever album. After a long two years, I released my first album titled 'Age ain't nothing but a number' and I've been getting mad recognition.

I am currently inside a CVS trying to find snacks for some girls night thing I'm doing with my bestfriend Melanie. Y'all probably like 'What happened to Shiann?' Well she went off to England to pursue her art career. Shiann & I are really close still, we keep in great contact but I needed someone and Melanie came in clutch. We met in the spring of 1992 at an industry party and we've been close ever since.

"I got the juice but what am I missing?" I ask myself while walking up and down the aisles.

I accidentally bump into a man.

"I'm so sorry." I say looking up at him and I can recognize his arched ass eyebrows anywhere.

"Dalvin?" I ask

"Yeah? You want an autograph or something?" Dalvin asks me and I kiss my teeth.

"You don't remember me?" I ask and he just stares at me for the longest.

"Wait.... I do remember you. Nyla?" He asks and I nod.

"Oh hey Nyla! How you been?" He says hugging me and I hug him back.

"I've been good!" I say pulling away from the hug and smiling.

"That's good... it's funny that I'm seeing you here because I heard you on the radio the other day." He says grabbing the Pringles on the shelf.

"Yeah... I've been working." I say and he smiles at me.

"I can tell. Did you graduate from Juilliard yet?" He asks me

"Yeah last month. Top of my class." I say and he just stares at me in awe.

"Educated and talented. You're rare." He says and I start to blush at his kind words.

"Thank you Dal." I say dabbing him up.

"How's Jodeci?" I ask

"We're good... we finally made it." He says and I nod with him in agreement.

"Yeah y'all did." I say and he chuckles.

"Dalvin if you don't hurry your skinny ass up!" A familiar voice says coming into the aisle. At first glance I would have never thought it was who it was. It was K-Ci and his roach ass.

"I know you not talking to some fan like this. Fans are crazy!" K-Ci says walking over to where Dal and I were talking.

"I'm not a fan Cedric." I say and K-Ci looks at me confused.

"How you know my name?" K-Ci asks me and I kiss my teeth.

"Well... we used to be really cool back in the day until I left to go to Juilliard and we lost cont-"

"Oh hell no. This isn't Nyla. You can't be the girl that used to clown me 24/7." K-Ci says and I smile

"The damn devil... why yo' ass here in Cali?" K-Ci asks and I roll my eyes.

"Business." I say and he nods.

"Wait until De hears this." Dalvin says and I glare at him.

"De hear what?" A voice says walking over to the aisle.

We make direct eye contact as his hazel eyes looked deep into my soul. It was like he knew all of me in that one second and his beauty scared me.

"De guess who this is." Dalvin taps his brother and De just stares at me with fascination in his eyes.

"Nyla." He says calmly and I shyly wave at him.

"Don't wave at me girl... give me a damn hug. It's been years." He says walking over to me to give me a hug. The hug was so sweet as his touch cultivated my happiness.