Chapter 13 { wtf }

Nyla Jones
September 7th,1994
Manhattan,New York

"I haven't been in New York in a while." De says while walking out the airport with his luggage. I am currently here for a video shoot and interview for myself. Jodeci decided to tag along with me for no reason.

"We was in New York last year dumbo."K-Ci says slapping De upside his head.

"Why you touching me?" De says punching K-Ci.

"Y'all needa Chill." Dalvin says getting into the middle of the argument.

"You need chill T-Boz! You shouldn't be letting a girl whoop your ass." K-Ci says

"Right, you're pussy. She basically the man in the relationship." De says and I look at him with a stank face.

"Donald you shouldn't be talking because I beat you up all the time." I say getting into the conversation. He gives me a glare and I chuckle to myself.

"I'm not like you Cedric." Dalvin says and JoJo starts to cough.

"What you mean Dal?" K-Ci asks and JoJo and I start to look at K-Ci.

"You know what you did

"You know what you did." Dalvin says

"I think that's our car." De says trying to change the conversation and pointing to the car.

"Dalvin finish what you was saying." K-Ci says dropping his luggage and staring at Dalvin.

JoJo and I just stand there confused.

"JoJo you wanna take a Cab to the hotel and leave these people alone?" I whisper to JoJo as Dalvin and K-Ci are currently having a back and forth

"JoJo you wanna take a Cab to the hotel and leave these people alone?" I whisper to JoJo as Dalvin and K-Ci are currently having a back and forth. De is currently trying to stop the commotion while JoJo and I just stand there confused.

"Yeah let's go." JoJo whispers back and we both leave and go into the Cab. They didn't even notice that we left until a hour later when De called me and asked where JoJo and I ran off too. I told him that we went to get something to eat.

"JoJo pass me the ketchup." I ask JoJo as we are currently chilling inside the hotel room. We ordered room service and we were currently eating.

"Here you go." He says licking his fingers and passing me the bottle.

"Thank you." I say giving him a faint smile.

"Can I ask you something?" JoJo asks me and I nod at him.

"How is De?" He asks me

"What do you mean?" I ask me and I takes a sip of his juice.

"I mean how is he doing, at home?" He asks

"Fine I guess." I say putting rice in my mouth.

"Are you sure?" He asks me and I nod again.

"I'm sure." I say biting into the piece of chicken.

"Why are you asking?" I ask him and JoJo starts to look at me differently.

"You know he's sick right." He says and I scrunch up my face.

"Sick in what way?" I ask

"Nevermind." JoJo says

"No continue.. if you mean he's sick with depression, he already told me. He takes Xanax." I say and JoJo starts to cough.

"That's half of it." JoJo says and I stare at him confused.

"Half? Half of what?" I ask

"He told you that he has depression... but did he tell you what type of depression?" He asks me.

"There's types of depressions?" I ask and JoJo chuckles.

"Yes, yes there is." JoJo says

"What kind of depression does he have then?" I ask him

"Don't tell him I'm telling you this, but he has Clinical Depression and he suffers from post traumatic stress. He already had anxiety and depression from the shooting in 89 but when he got his skull slit, something went off in his brain during operation." JoJo says and I just stare.

"So you're saying that my man is not only depressed, but he's... what the fuck."I say and JoJo nods

"I say and JoJo nods

"Wow." I say as the words escape my mouth.

"He's not bipolar or anything so you're good." JoJo says

"Is he gonna be recovered?" I ask JoJo

"It can't be recovered, but it can be handled by taking pills." JoJo says

"What pills? De told me the other day that he doesn't need to take his pills anymore." I say and JoJo looks at me.

"He lied to you. He Has to take his pills unless he gets episodes." JoJo says

"Episodes?" I ask

"Flare ups." JoJo says

Oh hell no.