Chapter 14 { mental }

DeVante Swing
September 7th,1994
Manhattan,NY

"Where did you and JoJo go?" I ask Nyla as we lay down in the bed. It was currently 11pm and I was livid. Nyla been acting strange lately. She's getting too close to JoJo and I don't like it.

"We went to the hotel when y'all were arguing." Nyla says and I turn to look at her.

"What did y'all do at the hotel?" I ask her and she scoffs.

"We Eat hotel food and we talked." Nyla says and I kiss my teeth.

"Talk about what?" I ask

"Why are you asking me these questions?" Nyla asks me

"Cause I need to know." I say

"There's nothing to know about because nothing happened. You're acting like I did something freaky with Joel." Nyla says and I look away.

"You think I'm cheating on you with Joel?" She asks I didn't say anything but she read my mind perfectly. Since when were they this close? First Ronnie and now JoJo? What happened to her.

"I didn't say that." I say looking at her.

"You're thinking it." She says

"Maybe because y'all too close." I say and she looks at me annoyed.

"Close? We were always close." Nyla says sitting up in the bed and eyeing me down.

"So friends go to the nail salon with each other and talk about stuff in hotel rooms?" I ask her

"Yes Nigga." She says and I smack my lips.

"I'm done talking. You wanna do that go ahead." I say turning to my side on the bed.

"Shut the fuck up because you sound stupid." Nyla says getting up from the bed and turning on the light.

"Who are you talking too?" I ask her

"I'm talking to you Donald. You got me fucked up. You really think I'm cheating on you with JoJo? One of your brothers? I would never. Don't ever question my loyalty. I've been with you through everything and now you wanna accuse me of cheating on you with one of your bros? Your sick." Nyla says and I start to get really, really angry.

"I AM NOT SICK BITCH." I yell

"YES YOU ARE." She yells back and I get up from the bed.

"DO NOT EVER TELL ME I AM SICK." I yell back and she kisses her teeth.

"Then what are you? ill?" She asks and I start to grow hot.

"Neither." I say through gritted teeth.

"If you're gonna do all this shit Ima leave." Nyla says.

"Leave and go where? You can't leave me and you won't." I say and she looks at me confused.

"If you're gonna go through all this episode shit I'm gonna leave you alone." Nyla says and I rub my eyes.

"Fuck is you talking about?" I ask her

"You know what I'm talking about, go take your fucking pills." Nyla says and that's when everything turns.

I ran over to her and I pushed her against the wall while choking her.

"Don't tempt me into doing something I know I will regret." I whisper to her.

"Who are you? What are you?" She says while grasping for air. I notice a tear drop fall from her eyes.

"Don't ever call me sick. Ever." I say and I let her go. She looks at me with fear in her eyes.

"Your eyes aren't hazel anymore, it's pitch black. Like your soul. If this is what these pills make you do. I don't want anything to do with you." Nyla says looking at me.

"Then leave. I don't have to take these pills if I don't want to.You don't understand half the shit I went through." I say and I stares at me.

"And maybe I don't fucking want to." She says putting on her shoes and grabbing her coat.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING!" I yell at her as she opens the room door.

"I hate you." She says and the words hit me like a brick. She then slams the door and I slid down on the floor and balled my self up.

"What have I become." I say to myself as tear drop falls down my eyes.

I stood up and took out the pills from my jacket pocket. I took 2 and I went back to bed. Where did she go? Ha, she probably went to JoJo hotel room.