Chapter 3 { old times }

Devante Swing
June 26th,1994
Los Angelos, California

I stare at her beauty for the longest. I can't believe that the love of my life was standing right in front of me. Nothing really changed about her. She was still charming, funny, beautiful, educated, and talented. It's been 4 years since we haven't see each other and her face brings back so many memories. She still has that beautiful smile with the dimples that pop out when he's really happy.

"How have you been De?" Nyla asks me escaping from the hug we were in.

"Decent." I say and she looks at me worried.

"Decent?" She asks and I nod again.

"Homeboy went through a lot in '93." Dalvin says and she turns to him.

"Went through a lot?" She asks and K-Ci coughs.

"Let's get out of this place before Fans start to attack us. How about this, Nyla you should come over to the studio tomorrow. De, give her your pager number." K-Ci says and I take out a fresh piece of paper with my number on it and hand it to her.

"Why are you prepared?" She asks and I smile

"Always prepared for the ladies." I say flashing her a smile and he rolls her eyes.

"Always prepared for herpes." She mocks me and I laugh.

"You know what Nyla... this isn't what we are going to do." I say and she laughs.

"I'm just messing with you De." She says and I notice something flash on her ring finger.

"What's that?" I ask and she looks up at me.

"A ring." She says and my life stopped in front of my eyes. Don't tell me she's engaged.

"You're engaged?" I ask as the words slowly slip my mouth.

"Are you dumb? This is the ring my grandmother gave me. Calm your ass down." She says and I sigh in relief.

"Whatever I got to go." She says walking out the aisle. It was just myself, Dal, and K-Ci left.

"The Love was real." Dalvin says looking at me.

"Definitely was." K-Ci says and I look down smiling.

"That's my forever right there." I say looking up and smiling.

We left the CVS with tons of snacks and we were now in the car.

"Stop at the record store." I say to the security guard who was currently driving us back to the studio.

"Why are you going there for?" Dalvin asks me

"To purchase Nyla's album." I say looking out the window.

"You can't do that another day?" K-Ci asks and I sigh

"No the fuck I can't. So stop complaining. Tav pull up at the record store." I say directing the security guard. After a 5min drive, we made it to the record store and we entered inside with security.