Chapter 9 { grocery store chronicles }

DeVante Swing
July 26th,1994
Los Angelos,California

"What more do we need?" Nyla asks me while putting a big ass carton of milk inside the already filled cart. She is so greedy, her fat ass is gonna make me broke.

"Do we even need anything else? This cart is almost  filled up to the rim."I say and she breaths deeply.

"Almost is never enough." She says grabbing a big ass box of Cookies and Cream ice cream.

"Fat ass." I mumble and she punches me in my arm.

"I'm not a fat ass and if anything you are supposed to make me fat. I think my ass getting big."She says turning around to me smirking. I shake my head at her childishness and I grab a vanilla bean ice cream.

"My favorite." I say looking down at the filled up cart.

"Excuse me sir." Some Little girl says looking up at me with a pen and paper smiling.

"Hello Little Girl, what's your name?" I ask grabbing the pen and paper and putting my autograph on the paper.

"Nyla." She says and I notice Nyla smiling a bit at the similarity of their names.

"Well Nyla today is your lucky day." I say smiling at her and handing her the paper.

"Thank you DeVante! And can I get your autograph too Nyla-J? I love you so much! You are so iconic." The little girl says and Nyla grabs the paper and smiles at her. She signs the paper and gives the girl a hug.

"You're iconic as well Nyla. You can do anything you put your mind too." Nyla says to the little girl and she runs along to her mom. Her mom waves at us and we wave back.

"So cute." Nyla says watching them leave the aisle.

"You know what can be cute?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Us purchasing the food and leaving here." I say pushing the cart down the aisle.

"Akiki very funny." She says tagging behind me.

We finally reach the cashier and we put everything on the table thingy. I don't know what the hell its called, but I know that it's black and it moves.

"590.67 is the total." The girl says and I look at the computer screen once more in disbelief.

"590.67?" I ask again.

"I didn't stutter sir." The girl says chewing her gum loudly.

"Calm the fuck down." Nyla says jumping to my defense.

"I'm just say-"

"I don't care about what you were saying, when you speaking to my man... come correct." Nyla says and I laugh. I notice the girl grow uncomfortable.

"Okay sorry Ma'am." She says putting the food in the bag.

I hand her my credit card and she swipes it. I put in my code and she hands the card back to me with the receipt.

"Thank you." I say pushing the cart filled with grocery items.

"Trifling Hoe." Nyla says walking with me out the supermarket.

We make it back to the parking lot and I put everything inside the trunk of the car. She helps me and then paparazzi started coming out of no where.

"Are you and her in a relationship?" Some reporter girl asks me.

"Get the fuck out my face." I say slamming my trunk and walking to the car.

"Nyla how does it feel to be in a relationship with DeVante Swing? Is he nice?" Some guy asks her and she runs inside the car. I turn on my engine and I drove away from the scene.

"You know we gonna be talked about tomorrow right." I tell Nyla.

"Yup. We are." She says sinking in her seat.

"You seem disappointed, I do want the whole world to know you're min-"

"Not like this. I wanted it to take some time you know...." She trails off looking at the window.

"Your Time is mine... unless you don't want you little fling Ronnie knowing about us." I say and she laughs.

"Stop bringing him up." She says

"Wouldn't have to bring him up if you never did." I say and he face palms herself.

"This is why you ain't getting no coochie tonight." She says patting her vagina and sticking out her tongue.

"Chill." I say and she laughs.

"That's exactly what you gonna do, Chill with no pussy." She says and I smack my lips.

"If I can't get the pussy you can't get my dick." I say looking at her.

"Forget my last statement babe, you can have my kitty." She says changing her mind and I chuckle.

"Always works." I mumble.

"Huh?" She asks

"Nothing." I say and she shakes her head.

"I love you." She says sliding her hand on my dick.

"I love you too and all but you better stop before we crash." I say removing her hand and she puts it right back where it was.

"Watch when we get home." I say

"I'll be waiting." She says winking at me.