Chapter 26 { daddy times }

DeVante Swing
February 26th,1995
Los Angelos,California

Thanksgiving and Christmas break was good. Nyla went to New York to spend some time with her family for Christmas and recently came back last week due to interviews and other shit.

Nyla keeps bringing up this idea of rebuilding my relationship with my mother. I know she didn't bring up my father because she knows I don't fuck with that man. But I do miss my mother and I want to fix our relationship, without my father interfering.

I currently have my son Justin over at my house because his mother had to go away for 'business'. If you don't remember, Justin's mom name is Tamara. She's the girl I cheated on Nyla with due to being under the influence, and ended up getting her pregnant. That situation ruined our relationship, but I love my son so I don't have any regrets for him being here.

I can tell that Nyla is uncomfortable because I notice her facial expressions.

"Don't touch that Justin!" I hear Nyla yell from inside the living room.

I was currently in the kitchen making sandwiches for Justin and I.

"Put that shi- that stuff down!" Nyla yells and I lightly chuckle to myself.

I put the sandwiches on a plate and I went inside the living room.

Justin was playing with the remote and I notice Nyla in despair. She looks so stressed out.

"Daddy!" Justin screams distracting me from my thoughts.

"Wassup J! I made us sandwiches." I say putting the plate down on the living room table.

"What kind of sandwich Dad?" Justin asks looking up at me smiling.

"Grilled Cheese." I say and he makes his face up.

"Grilled Cheese? Dad I always eat that!" Justin says and I notice Nyla chuckle.

"Well you gonna have to eat it." I say

"Give him some McDonald's De." Nyla says and I glare at her.

"Yes! McDonald's please dad!" Justin says jumping up and down.

"Fine, with your spoiled ass." I say and I notice Nyla smile at me.

"Put on your shoes J." I say to him.

"I need help." Justin says

"Help with what?" I ask and he looks down at his shoe laces.

"Daddy's baby can't tie his shoes?" I say stooping down to his height.

"Okay so you fold each end of the lace into a single bunny ear." I say and I notice Nyla laugh to herself when I said bunny.

"Okayy." Justin trails out

"Then you cross the bunny ears so that they form a an X in the air, like this." I say showing him the lace.

"What's next dad?" Justin asks me

"Then, you see this lace?" I ask and he nods